Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: unmet dependencies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I'm running OS 10.11.3 and Kodi 16. Until today everything was running fine. Know when the application opens I get a window over the home screen with " add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies". I understand this is a common problem but anything I've read to resolve the issue hasn't worked. I also can't access the system section in Kodi because I can't get pass the unmet window. Is there anything I can do outside of totally uninstalling and reinstalling. I would hate to have to set everything up again. Thanks for any help you can offer.
(2016-04-02, 21:14)djmstj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm running OS 10.11.3 and Kodi 16. Until today everything was running fine. Know when the application opens I get a window over the home screen with " add-on is incompatible due to unmet dependencies".

It doesn't tell you which add-on?
It's all add-ons. The window just keeps listing them one after the other, you don't have time to select a yes or no response before it list another add-on. Trying to exit the app simply locks up my Mac and I need to reboot.
can you post a debug log ? See (wiki) http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log
Can't post a debug log. I'm unable to get past the unmet pop up window to do anything in Kodi.
If you go into the advanced part of the link above it gives a procedure for uploading the existing logs without running Kodi at all.
That's beyond my scope of knowledge. I'm not a programmer.
The log files are stored in Users/<username>/Library/Logs/kodi.log

You can use the website http://pastebin.com to upload the log. Paste the link back into this topic and we can try to help you.
Sorry no kodi.log to be found in Logs.
(2016-04-03, 17:27)djmstj Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry no kodi.log to be found in Logs.

Than i am out of options to assist. Perhaps the quickest way to resolve it is to reinstall. Dont forget to trash the Kodi folder in application support see http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata_folder
Thanks for trying. I'll definitely uninstall. Reinstalling? No chance, a lot of people like this application but it's been nothing but complications and buggy for me. I'm out. This is by far the most amateurish application I've come across.
(2016-04-03, 17:45)djmstj Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for trying. I'll definitely uninstall. Reinstalling? No chance, a lot of people like this application but it's been nothing but complications and buggy for me. I'm out. This is by far the most amateurish application I've come across.

I am sorry that you see it that way. A lot of people work hard to keep this open source project going. I dont know if you used the original Kodi package or a modded third party "add-ons" Package. I use Kodi on different platforms and devices and never ran info the problems you are having atm. But it is up to you. If you leave, please also remove the app and the hidden Kodi folder from application support. Otherwise if you change your mind in the future, the trouble continues due to left behind files and settings. Or give it a go with the original Kodi app after needed clean up.

So its up to you, this forum will still be here if you have Questions
(2016-04-03, 17:45)djmstj Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for trying. I'll definitely uninstall. Reinstalling? No chance, a lot of people like this application but it's been nothing but complications and buggy for me. I'm out. This is by far the most amateurish application I've come across.
Kodi is definitely not for everyone. It really is a hobbyist app. Anyone using it should be prepared to spend a lot of time reading, testing, and tweaking. Half the fun is having to do this. It's not an app that you purchase and expect to just work. It is a free app that you install and configure to your heart's desire.
(2016-04-03, 18:01)Idokfire Wrote: [ -> ]
Kodi is definitely not for everyone. It really is a hobbyist app. Anyone using it should be prepared to spend a lot of time reading, testing, and tweaking. Half the fun is having to do this. It's not an app that you purchase and expect to just work. It is a free app that you install and configure to your heart's desire.

Amen Angel to that
Thanks, now it makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 3