Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile in OSX 10.11.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Unfortunately I just jumped on the Mac bandwagon. How do I compile Kodi for OS X 10.11.4? I'm following the README.osx, but at the first make I get errors.

Thanks for any help! The only reason I got a Mac was to build my Philips Hue music visualization for you guys.

-Tom

Code:
cd macosx10.11_x86_64-target; /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/autoreconf -vif
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/aclocal --force -I m4
main::scan_file() called too early to check prototype at /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/aclocal line 621.
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh' to `./'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4' to `m4/'
libtoolize: can not copy `/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4' to `m4/'
autoreconf: /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/bin/libtoolize failed with exit status: 1
make[2]: *** [macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fontconfig] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 2
hardyts-MacBook:depends hardyt$
Which kodi branch and which xcode Version are you using?
@Memphiz: Jarvis, Xcode 7.3
well jarvis can't be compiled with xcode 7.3 - you would need to backport this commit to the jarvis branch and start from scratch:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4d5a...e41e9312b1

(you can simply "git cherry-pick 4d5a2b68173403da2117c62e9c8382e41e9312b1" it)

or you compile master which has this in already (but is krypton based then...)
ohh btw i know that the README.osx stated that xcode 7.x is supported - lesson learned. At the point of writing we had no issues with xcode 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 and i thought it would be save now. But as usual apple breaks things for us with xcode updates once in a while ...
There must be something else to change:

Code:
../libtool: line 1298: func_opt_split: command not found
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.6.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.2.6
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[4]: *** [libmysql.lo] Error 63
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [macosx10.11_x86_64-target/libmysql/.libs/libmysqlclient.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [mysql] Error 2
make: *** [target/.installed-macosx10.11_x86_64-target] Error 2

Sorry, I just don't know enough to fix all this myself yet. If you have any additional points, please let me know. Thanks!
cherry-pick what i said then

Code:
git clean -xfd
rm -r /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native

then follow the readme from the start
@Memphiz: I ran those commands previously. I tried again and it still failed building the mysql lib. I downgraded to Xcode 7.2 and it built.
sorry then this one is needed too i guess - i wasn't around when libtool got bumped so i don't have an exact overview what else is needed but i guess thats it

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1edf...97451dd1e8
that one doesn't apply to kodi - kodi master is fine with the 2 commits i pointed out...
of course it will not directly apply Smile master is missing a few things plus all the libtool hacks can get removed if you patch libtool with those three patches. They are also safe for iOS and OSX.
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot now that this old macintosh seems to have a busted hard drive.