Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2016-08-24, 16:20)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, this was fixed 19 days ago on github. There are no "library" settings anymore, it's now called media settings. So if you're seeing library settings you're not using the latest from github.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/com...147defd86a
You were absolutely right braz! I thought i had the latest but it in fact it was the one before. Blush

Thank you braz for all the work/support on Mimic and i have to say, that the WAF is high on this skin. Wink
Thanks, works like a charm ! I had to reconfigure the backgrounds though, but after I did that it worked ...

thanks again !Big Grin

(2016-08-25, 20:33)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-25, 19:50)edd-- Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

thanks for all your work, I have been a mimic user for some time now.

What I can't seem to get working is the playlist backgrounds. I have a playlist: kids that I try to pin to the home menu (which works) and I set the background to playlist (kids), this used to work but in 4.0.4 it doesn't on krypton.

I tried with random movie or tv fanart and that DOES work ... any idea what could be wrong here ?

thank you,

edd--

Will have to test, I haven't tried the playlist backgrounds in a long time.

Update: Pushed a fix for playlist backgrounds to github, will be in next release.

Meatus

(2016-08-23, 07:39)Meatus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-11, 03:08)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-11, 01:28)Meatus Wrote: [ -> ]When the Krypton beta lands in a few days will Mimic auto-update to this version of the skin, and will it carry over the version 3 settings?
My guess is that if you install Kodi 17 beta over Kodi 16, and you have auto updates turned on for Mimic, the skin will update to 4.x. The Mimic 3.x settings should carry over fine.

One thing to keep in mind for the future though, the skin settings in Mimic 5.x will change dramatically, so I recommend removing Mimic's settings.xml before updating to Kodi 18 and starting from scratch.

Nope. Booted to a locked up screen. Had to uninstall Mimic. Which wasn't exactly easy considering the menu was inoperable. Can't even access the Repo.

Reverted to 16.1.

Turns out the issue was Krypton and IPv6. Once I disabled IPv6 in the router everything went swimmingly.

Carry on, everyone.
Hi

You know I love your skin and I'm using it now with Kodi 17 beta 1, but I've noticed something strange:

On the video OSD buttons, you can't move right to subtitle or info button, you have to move all the way to the left to get to them.

Also it would be nice if there is an option to hide the OSD player control buttons.

Thanks for the great skin.
(2016-08-30, 18:01)bobi1024 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

You know I love your skin and I'm using it now with Kodi 17 beta 1, but I've noticed something strange:

On the video OSD buttons, you can't move right to subtitle or info button, you have to move all the way to the left to get to them.

Also it would be nice if there is an option to hide the OSD player control buttons.

Thanks! I can't replicate the navigation issue with the OSD buttons, you might need to post a screenshot so I can see exactly where it is happening. No plans to add an option to hide the OSD buttons, sorry.
hi
I got one questions make me wonder !. there is anyway to edit clock/date notifications bar at min menu.
basically I one take away everything's the background color on the Square around, I want to have a just the clean number and the icon of the weather .
is this possible if it is how I can do so .
and mimic 4 is the best .

many thanks braz
(2016-09-02, 01:05)Alanso Wrote: [ -> ]hi
I got one questions make me wonder !. there is anyway to edit clock/date notifications bar at min menu.
basically I one take away everything's the background color on the Square around, I want to have a just the clean number and the icon of the weather .
is this possible if it is how I can do so .
and mimic 4 is the best .

many thanks braz
I'm assuming you mean the clock/weather when it is not displayed as part of the main menu, but rather in a notification box? If so, you'll have to manually edit the skin files. In IncludesHomeWidgets.xml, look for the WeatherHomeWidget include and remove or comment out the first image control. The code to remove will look like this:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>background image</description>
    <width>800</width>
    <height>140</height>
    <texture border="12">dialog_context.png</texture>
    <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorDialogVar]</colordiffuse>
</control>

Note that if/when you update the skin, you'll need to reapply this change. And in Mimic 5.x, the clock/weather will be completely redesigned.
thanks braz . you re the best .
Hi

First of all thanks for this fab skin. I strayed to plex for a long time only to come back to KODI only to wonder why I ever switches in the first place.

Just a couple of quick questions and two possible issues I couldn't work out by playing....

Questions

When a movie is paused I don't seem to have any of the normal posters / clear art and can't find any settings anywhere to make and OSD changes...

Same goes for music, I play a track but don't see any options to play with on fan art / backgrounds / cd art etc etc

Issues

If you go to more settings on a movie and play trailer it works. Repeat the process and the trailer doesn't play but you have to keep backing out to the main menu to see it playing. Every subsequent trailer does the same until you press stop and then retry?

Can't get extended info scripts to work and keep getting errors?

Any help would be gladly received.

Red
(2016-09-04, 00:19)reddevilmeuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

First of all thanks for this fab skin. I strayed to plex for a long time only to come back to KODI only to wonder why I ever switches in the first place.

Just a couple of quick questions and two possible issues I couldn't work out by playing....

Questions

When a movie is paused I don't seem to have any of the normal posters / clear art and can't find any settings anywhere to make and OSD changes...

Same goes for music, I play a track but don't see any options to play with on fan art / backgrounds / cd art etc etc

Issues

If you go to more settings on a movie and play trailer it works. Repeat the process and the trailer doesn't play but you have to keep backing out to the main menu to see it playing. Every subsequent trailer does the same until you press stop and then retry?

Can't get extended info scripts to work and keep getting errors?

Any help would be gladly received.

Red
Thanks, glad you like it. Clear art and cd art are not used in this skin. I may someday add info when paused, but it won't be clear art. When you play music you have to press tab, or back from the home screen, to display the music visualization. There are plenty of background options for the music viz, you can access them from the settings button on the right of the OSD. Again, no cd art though.

I haven't noticed the issue when playing trailers, I'll test this. The ExtendedInfo script needs to be updated for Krypton, you can find a temporary fix in its forum thread.
(2016-09-04, 00:19)reddevilmeuk Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to more settings on a movie and play trailer it works. Repeat the process and the trailer doesn't play but you have to keep backing out to the main menu to see it playing. Every subsequent trailer does the same until you press stop and then retry?
I was able to reproduce this issue, though there isn't anything I can do about it AFAIK. Kodi adds the Play Trailer button to my custom context menu and there isn't an easy way to test if the trailer is playing. Kodi also adds a blank space to the context menu for movie widgets, where there should be a Play Trailer button.

Recommend playing trailers from the context menu in the movie library rather than the one in the movie info dialog.
thanks for the quick response Smile and again great skin
Braz

Few more questions | requests

1. When playing music and on the LowList view, would there be any way to have the background change with Extrafanart?

2. When playing music and on the LowList view, would there be any way to remove the rating and edit the list on the right (artist | genre | Duration) ?

3. When playing music and on the LowList view, Is it possible for the current track to be a different colour (highlighted) in the list ?

4. When playing music and on the LowList view, Is it possible for the highlighted track to move down one when a new track starts, thus follows the album rather that sticking on track 1 ?

Thanks
(2016-09-04, 21:06)reddevilmeuk Wrote: [ -> ]Braz

Few more questions | requests

1. When playing music and on the LowList view, would there be any way to have the background change with Extrafanart?

2. When playing music and on the LowList view, would there be any way to remove the rating and edit the list on the right (artist | genre | Duration) ?

3. When playing music and on the LowList view, Is it possible for the current track to be a different colour (highlighted) in the list ?

4. When playing music and on the LowList view, Is it possible for the highlighted track to move down one when a new track starts, thus follows the album rather that sticking on track 1 ?

Thanks

1) I'm not aware of a way to get music extrafanart into the library.

2) No plans to remove the rating. What do you mean by edit the list?

3) No plans to change the color. There's already a play icon displayed in front of the currently playing track (at least in mimic 5.x).

4) Not possible as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-01, 05:43)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-30, 18:01)bobi1024 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Thanks! I can't replicate the navigation issue with the OSD buttons, you might need to post a screenshot so I can see exactly where it is happening. No plans to add an option to hide the OSD buttons, sorry.

Thanks for the reply.

I've uploaded a screenshot http://imgur.com/a/pIwdm

I can't move right from what I've marked on the screenshot.

About the OSD buttons, can you give me some directions, if it's possible to hide them, which file or section should I edit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14