Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Portable USB - Updating Paths Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd see if anyone can help me out. Basically I am going to Florida from the UK for a family holiday lasting a month on May 3rd.

Using Kodi Jarvis and a few add ons that allow the streaming of free to air terrestrial TV like the itv player etc. I have set up a nice uk TV build so that we can stay up to date with various soaps and stuff while we are away.

So far I have installed it onto a USB stick using the - p command. It works fine on my pc however when I tested it on my mother in laws the paths were wrong.

Is there a way to assign a dynamic drive letter to the usb which will allow it to work on any pc regardless of drive letter?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You can script a bat file to auto change the drive to Z(or whatever you would like) EVERY time and in ANY computer. Although, a possible better solution is to try the openelec flavor of Kodi. I personally haven't used it, but I hear it's easy.