Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not reading nfo files ahead of scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm relatively new so maybe I'm missing something. I was having trouble getting the correct info for some files, so I added an external media manager (Tiny media manager), but it still gives the incorrect info for the same files. I thought that the local nfo files should have priority over the scraper?
Using a Vero 2 with OSMC.
Of course it is not Kodi 17 but 16. My stupidity.
Quote: I thought that the local nfo files should have priority over the scraper?

it has. at least for me. Be sure the nfo files are exactly named as the movie file. Maybe show us an example where it doesn't work.

If, for any reason, Kodi can't read the nfo file, it will be ignored and kodi will scrape online. If you always have issues with the scraper pocking up the wrong movie, check at the following website for the correct naming of that file:

https://www.themoviedb.org/

That's where scrapes from.
Did you set your scraper to be NFO on the content and not a web scraper?
(2016-04-04, 21:58)wyild1 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you set your scraper to be NFO on the content and not a web scraper?

I thought I tried that. So that I can check, where is the setting for that?
Fixed thank you. The manager wasn't naming the nfo files the same as the movies. It was naming them movie.nfo
I think movie.nfo might be OK if you also check the "movies are in separate folders" on the source setup options but don't hold me to that.

scott s.
Quote:movie.nfo will override all and any .nfo files in the same folder as the media files if you use the "Use foldernames for lookups" setting. If you don't, then moviename.nfo is used. If there is only one .nfo file in a folder, The scraper will use it for all media files in that folder. If there are multiple media files in a folder, the *.nfo should be named exactly the same as the video file it is representing (ie. moviename.avi and moviename.nfo).

source: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies