Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to effectively stop Kodi for searching a stream?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I hope someone here can help me and has a solution for this. I have already search and Google without success to find a solution.

My Kodi setup is a box running Ubuntu + Kodi and I'm also using a Flirc adapter to remote control the HTPC.

A few addons can sometimes have stream links that are temporary not available for various reasons. The problem is it happens often that Kodi search for a very long time and sometimes don't even stop by itself at all (the working loop doesn't stop). So I often need to ssh into the HTPC to kill all Kodi process when this happen to restart the application.

I obviously want to find a more elegent solution when this happen. Is there a keyboard sortcut that I could map on my remote that would effectively stop the searching? or maybe I could configure a short timeout to search for a link?

Thank you!
Quote:A few addons can sometimes have stream links that are temporarly not available for various reasons.

Reliable sources from legitimate providers such as BBC, NBCsn, CBSnews and many others never run into this type of issue. If they do, their support teams usually promptly address them.
If I'm not mistaken, Earthcam is a legitimate addon and I was also experiencing this problem while browsing their streams.
I would not call Earthcam reliable, nor well supported.
My point was this could happen with addons that are legitimate or not. I just want to know if someone know a solution or a workaround for this issue.
I tend to agree with you, I do find it a bit odd that a stream, or lack of it, prevents any other GUI input.
Find a stream that is not banned that causes the gui hang, and post a debug log (wiki).
The thing is this happen to me in various situations and for probably different reasons (streams banned, streaming services temp. offline, etc).

I don't mind posting a debug log as a example and I will try to do it soon. However, I think the problem is not really a single bug in a specific situation. I think it's more about the way Kodi is designed to start and handle a stream that is causing this issue in a few situations. I could be wrong on this but that's what I'm thinking...

Anyway, is there already a way to abort or effectively cancel a stream that is not responding without modifying Kodi source code?
(2016-04-04, 20:41)CaptainHarlock Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, is there already a way to abort or effectively cancel a stream that is not responding without modifying Kodi source code?

Well, the back or escape keys normally abort the busy spinner when trying to open a stream.
But different types of streams use different code paths (e.g. http://, rtps://, rtmp:// etc)
and it may be that one of those code paths doesn't handle being interrupted correctly.

A debug log (wiki) would be useful.
Here's a current example:

Addon: EarthCam

Stream: Worldwide > Thailand > Bangkok Cam (Bangkok)

What happen when selected: the "working spinner" is running without video playback result during aprox. 5 min. and cannot be stop with the Esc or Backspace key.

I will post a debug log soon

EDIT: After 5 min. the "working spinner" stop and navigation inside Kodi is possible but Kodi freeze after any other tasks is started. The only thing possible from there is to kill all Kodi process (with a ssh session) and restart the application.
Here is the related debug logs for this example:

http://pastebin.com/xWe6vUpG

FWIW I have changed my home directory username in the logs with **my_username** for privacy reasons.

Thank you! Smile
Chosen stream seems to have an embedded hard coded time out of 180.

Code:
live=true timeout=180

That is 2/3 of your wait time right there.
I will test to see if I can escape on my machine.
Where do you get the add-on from?
Never mind, banned add-ons (wiki)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=1278562

Sorry for violating rules unknowingly.
(2016-04-04, 23:15)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you get the add-on from?

How to install it:

http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-kodi...cam-addon/
banned add-ons (wiki).
My assumption from post #2 on this thread was proven.

Mod, feel free to bin this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4