Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to manually delete artists from music library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried removing all sources and cleaning the library, but there are some "zombie" artists remaining with no content. How do I delete them?

Kodi 16.0 on Win10. I tried restarting Kodi. Also tried moving what I believe to be the offending files and cleaning again.
The totally manual approach would be to use SQL on the MyMusic56.db database. But the fact these are not cleaning implies that there could be reasons for them to be there.

Try doing a library update first, that scans your current sources, then cleaning.
(2016-04-05, 00:07)jargo Wrote: [ -> ]cleaning the library

Could you confirm how you're doing this?

The simplest way I find if starting over is to remove the source then you should get a pop up asking if you want to remove the files from the library at which point you should say yes.
(2016-04-05, 16:17)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Could you confirm how you're doing this?

The simplest way I find if starting over is to remove the source then you should get a pop up asking if you want to remove the files from the library at which point you should say yes.

Yes, removing the source and files from the library was the first thing I did. It was after that I saw that some of the artists were still there, at which point I tried cleaning the library through the settings.
(2016-04-05, 10:06)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]The totally manual approach would be to use SQL on the MyMusic56.db database. But the fact these are not cleaning implies that there could be reasons for them to be there.

Try doing a library update first, that scans your current sources, then cleaning.

Tried the library update and clean, still there.
I suppose questions which must always be asked:

Are you using a MySQL database that you installed? If so what brand/version.
Or are you using the default SQLite database?

Did you upgrade from a previous version of Kodi? If so which version.

And a debug (wiki) log posted to xbmclogs or pastebin helps reduce the guesswork.

scott s.
If you really want to start from scratch, you can always delete the entire database instead of removing its content. Kodi will create a new one if its missing.
I deleted the music database file, and that worked. Thank you.