Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kore arrow keys do not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kore 2.0.0, Android 5.1

The arrow keys on Kore display on my phone do not work, all other buttons do work (I think).

What can be wrong?

TIA,

Bart
Something is probably blocking the EventServer on Kodi.

Try checking if something is blocking port 9777 on your Kodi device. Alternatively, in Kore go to the media center configuration and just uncheck the "use EventServer" option.
Indeed, I unchecked "Use EventServer", and now it works.

I am sure there is nothing blocking port 9777 on my network.

Thanks!

Bart
What does "Use EventServer" do? After the most recent updates (current to today), I experienced the same unresponsive arrow button navigation issue. It doesn't seem ideal to toggle off using port 9777 if the reason is unclear.
According to the release notes of Kodi 16.1 RC2 a "security" fix for the EventServer has been integrated which as a result only allow connections to the EventServer from localhost => EventServer not working from remotes

To allow remote connections to the EventServer you can do the following:
In Kodi you need to go to System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote control and enable the option "Allow remote control by programs on other systems"
As a side note this is how it worked before it was broken and now works correctly as per the option names and functions Smile

Previously, you only allowed Event Server from localhost but anyone could control your device = big security problem Wink