Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't navigate menu with keyboard/mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running a 2-week old clean install of Mint 17.3. I installed Kodi and after running it, there is something really strange with the keyboard and mouse navigation. Trying to use the left arrow only cycles through Pictures (it skips Video etc). Pressing right produces the click sound, but it does not move to Videos etc.; it stays only on Pictures (whereas hitting left shows a visual cycle where the menu cycles left, but it only highlights and returns to Pictures). Pressing down will get me to Add-ons, and the Power and Favorites buttons. Pressing up will likewise do the same. There is no visible mouse cursor when moving the mouse, though moving it will allow me to highlight Videos and Music, though it seems that no matter how slowly I circle the mouse to find these menus blindly, it goes back to pictures (which makes me wonder if something is causing the menu to continually jump back to Pictures). Keyboard shortcuts (like O) work, pressing Escape works, etc.

I tried switching to a different keyboard (Logitech DiNovo Mini), and that had the same problem. It goes without saying that all these keys function fine outside of Kodi.
please post a Debug Log. that might help us to spot what's going wrong.

edit: in case you have any other input devices connected to your system (joystick/gamecontroller/etc...) disconnect those.
Here's the debug: http://pastebin.com/BQxTwE2H

While debug ran, I just tried the same as before; navigating the menu.

I found that when I access a menu (like Pictures), the left/right arrows work fine, but not the up/down arrows.

There are no other input devices connected btw Smile

edit: FWIW, when I run Kodi, the splash screen appears and disappears super fast. So fast that I can't even read the text. It's likely nothing, but I thought I'd mention that anyway. The scrolling text from the RSS at the bottom (after the splash screen goes away) goes at normal speed.
Quote:17:32:58 T:140167306135552 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
17:32:58 T:140167306135552 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = AMD Radeon HD 6550D
17:32:58 T:140167306135552 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 4.5.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1151
17:32:58 T:140167306135552 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 4.40

Driver is 100% unsupported. We only support the free drivers for radeons. Why? -> You see the reason in your installation.
Other than that: Your pseudo joystick runs amok. You can edit guisettings.xml to disable it or unplug it.
(2016-04-09, 08:46)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Other than that: Your pseudo joystick runs amok. You can edit guisettings.xml to disable it or unplug it.

I totally forgot about that thing; derp. I unplugged the receiver and everything has been functioning normally from there. Thanks!