Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc-send seems to be parsing my string
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i have been trying to use xbmc-send commands via ssh, and for basic strings like activatewindow(addonname) works fine, but for complex strings with "&" and ";", the strings i keep testing with seem to be ignored when executed.

the result is that the correct window id is opened ie. for video or programs, but not the actual addon or file i want to be triggered.

i have tested that the activatewindow string works as an "onclick", just not via ssh

i suspect, that ssh is parsing my string, but i am not sure how i can stop that from happening.

many thanks in advance,
Dam0
A wild guess... but those special characters will be meaning something to your SSH client. So try escaping them in some way. Maybe they need \ in front of them ( \& and \; ) Or to be quoted as ASCII \x26 and \x3B

Have a read of your SSH client documentation about sending "special characters" as there will be something in there about getting these characters through
thx for the reply.

i was able to get my links to function by manually removing/substituting the UTF-8 characters.

regards,
Dam0