Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodipydent - a complete JSON-RPC client library for Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I've been looking at this project for a while, and finally had some spare time this evening to sit down and do it.

Something that's been bugging me is how relatively verbose the JSON-RPC API is. It's also complicated enough to make it unattractive to early-stage programmers to fiddle with. I'm hoping to change that.

My most recent project is beekeeper, a Python library that takes in a JSON or JSON-isomorphic configuration and turns it into a complete object-oriented Python interface to a REST API without any additional code. Today, I'm releasing kodipydent, a library taking advantage of the biggest benefits of beekeeper, along with a little bit of code to make it sing in a JSON-RPC-compliant way.

You can check out the kodipydent codebase at https://github.com/haikuginger/kodipydent, or you can install it and start playing with it right away with pip:

Code:
pip install kodipydent

All you need to do is point kodipydent at your Kodi instance's IP address, and it'll take care of the rest, giving you a clean Pythonic API from any networked device. It looks like this:

Code:
my_instance = kodipydent.Kodi('192.168.1.1')

From there, you can make any JSON-RPC call in the appropriate namespace:

Code:
my_instance.VideoLibrary.GetMovies()

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions you have to improve it, and will gladly take your bug reports on Github.
It can play an episode from his id?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
I think i'll be using this with my post-processing scripts Smile