Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with Large Programs Collection + Many Pathed Bookmarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my roommates and I decided to pool our resources, so we started dumping ALL our games onto a single system with a 500GB disk. Yes, the disk is formatted correctly and does work properly.

The system in question has 159 Xbox games on it. They're organized into Genre folders, as follows:

G:\Games\System Link\*\default.xbe
G:\Games\Action\*\default.xbe
etc etc.

There are ten folders in all. I created two bookmarks within My Programs, one which just points to G:\Games. That works properly, as there are never more than like 30 games displayed. However, I also created a multi-path bookmark that should list all the games. This is where the erratic behavior occurs.

Almost all of the menu items are displayed correctly, except that all the items from one of the pathes are displayed as directories that do not contain XBEs. This is extremely weird. I have tried deleting the MyPrograms database but even with it rebuilt the behavior persists.

I would like to help debug this but I'm not sure what test cases and additional info the devs need to get this one figured out.
Reduce and reproduce is the key.

Reduce the number of xbe's and the number of paths involved so that you can still reproduce with a small number of items, then let us know exactly what you are using (eg a .zip file with the folder structure in tact for instance, and details on which paths are in the multipath)

We can then look to reproducing.
I was impatient to have "the UberBox" nice for our gaming parties, so I already moved the games into a single big directory. However I'd still like to find this issue and resolve it. Will make some test cases and see if I can reproduce this, since I am migrating a crapton of data on my server and mostly have nothing else to do right now Wink
ok I built a little test fileset and was able to reproduce it. The only item written to the log when this issue occurs is this:
20:53:26 M: 37249024 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi

more playing around and get these in the log:
Code:
20:58:43 M: 36757504   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
20:58:46 M: 38207488   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\5a00062a.fi
20:58:48 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
20:58:49 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
20:58:50 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
20:58:56 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
20:59:02 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\a4fcf970.fi
20:59:04 M: 38207488   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\94d0e7fe.fi
20:59:22 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\94d0e7fe.fi
20:59:26 M: 37101568   ERROR: Control 18 in window 10129 has been asked to focus, but it can't
20:59:42 M: 37187584   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file Z:\dd20037f.fi
my test set is as follows:
-every XBE file used is one of the 60KB shortcuts generated under windows and used to launch XBMC at run-time, and all are named default.xbe

-root directory for test set is F:\test\
-I built a set of 10 directories, named 0, 1, 2, etc up to 9, and placed a copy of the XBE inside each directory.
-I then made 10 copies of this XBE set and placed them into higher up directories named a, b, c, etc up to j.

So we have
F:\test\a\0\default.xbe
F:\test\a\1\default.xbe
to F:\test\a\9\default.xbe
and then this same structure 9 more times.

I was able to induce the weird behavior by making a Bookmark that has only two pathes in it, pointing at F:\test\a\ and F:\test\b\

When opening this bookmark, I receive the above errors in the log, and I see this instead of a list of executable programs:

Well, in some respects that is technically correct: The "0" directories are combined and there are now 2 default.xbe files located in each "0" directory. Thus, they're not dropped down to a single one.

The real problem is that the test for default.xbe in side a folder is done by appending default.xbe to the path for the folder.

The path for the folder in this case is a multipath location, so it screws up. This would only happen though in the case of identical directories inside each path in the multipath, which didn't seem to be the case in your original scenario, unless there was a game in more than one path?

Cheers,
Jonathan