Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tvOS-X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2016-05-05, 04:49)iCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-03, 11:22)Vinz22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
Is it possible for favorites on the home screen to use fanart instead of posters? I'm getting weird ratio for the icons...

Thank you,
Vinz

The Favorites button on the homescreen should display a square image with latest update.

There will be some aspect ratio fixes in next update.

Oh well I've seen this but I was talking about favorites and not shelf favorites. I'd like to have fanart shortcuts to some movies as YouTube or settings icon.
What's the difference between shelf favorites and favorites? I love this skin and would like to learn some more about the different features.
hi I'm trying to modify the textures and I'm wondering if there is anything you do differently for the .xbt for krypton because I'm able to modify all files in the krypton skin but when i update the texture files and include in container it breaks the skin or won't load the textures. maybe I'm missing a step
(2016-05-07, 07:34)superbyron404 Wrote: [ -> ]hi I'm trying to modify the textures and I'm wondering if there is anything you do differently for the .xbt for krypton because I'm able to modify all files in the krypton skin but when i update the texture files and include in container it breaks the skin or won't load the textures. maybe I'm missing a step

My guess is you are probably using an older version of Texture Packer, Kodi 17 requires Texture Packer version 1.1.0+

http://kodi.wiki/view/TexturePacker

wiki Wrote:"Note: Kodi v17 does not support DXT packed textures anymore. Make sure you pack your skin textures with latest texturepacker (1.1.0 or newer)."
(2016-05-06, 15:15)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference between shelf favorites and favorites? I love this skin and would like to learn some more about the different features.

Shelf favorites allow you to view the favorite item's content on the shelf.

More shelf favorites are visible in home customizer when any of the first 6 home buttons are disabled

ex. Youtube - Popular Right Now would load all the videos on the shelf.

(2016-05-06, 12:08)Vinz22 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well I've seen this but I was talking about favorites and not shelf favorites. I'd like to have fanart shortcuts to some movies as YouTube or settings icon.

Okay are you referring to the favorites button shelf items?

If so I'm aware of this and I plan to make the favorite button shelf to automatically be the correct aspect ratio for movie posters & fanart(rectangle) and also addon icons(square).

(2016-05-05, 16:06)Damac10 Wrote: [ -> ]No problem...Home comes first. Just a suggestion. In Default Grey theme white is highlight colour. In White theme could grey be highlight colour for better visibility? Big Grin

Where are you referring to? List views? or Home button?

When I work all the bugs out I plan to add color options for everything imaginable. Similar to Carbon/iOS-X with custom color presets but I will add a custom string so you can add a custom rgb color code with alpha.

ex. Choose blue1, blue2, or blue3 or custom,
with 'custom' you enter the color code with alpha first. ex. FF79CDCD

This way users will be able to set a custom color and transparency.
On the Amazon Fire TV Stick this skin doesn't maintain the Home Screen settings after a restart.
(2016-05-09, 23:44)iCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-06, 12:08)Vinz22 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well I've seen this but I was talking about favorites and not shelf favorites. I'd like to have fanart shortcuts to some movies as YouTube or settings icon.

Okay are you referring to the favorites button shelf items?

If so I'm aware of this and I plan to make the favorite button shelf to automatically be the correct aspect ratio for movie posters & fanart(rectangle) and also addon icons(square).

No lol. I'm referring to the icons below. I'd like to add some series on this beside movies, music etc but it uses poster instead of fanart. ;-)
(2016-05-10, 07:29)nchall Wrote: [ -> ]On the Amazon Fire TV Stick this skin doesn't maintain the Home Screen settings after a restart.

Does it keep other skin settings?

I don't believe the skin is the issue, most likely the Kodi version your using.
(2016-05-10, 12:13)Vinz22 Wrote: [ -> ]No lol. I'm referring to the icons below. I'd like to add some series on this beside movies, music etc but it uses poster instead of fanart. ;-)

Lol okay I understand now. I'll test this out and see what I can do.
Okay! Thanks!
(2016-05-10, 19:57)iCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 07:29)nchall Wrote: [ -> ]On the Amazon Fire TV Stick this skin doesn't maintain the Home Screen settings after a restart.

It keeps other skin settings, such as Confluence or fTV.

I am running Jarvis 16.1, and the main issue is it not maintaining custom shortcuts that I input through the Home Screen Configuration menu under Skin Settings.

This doesn't happen on a Windows desktop, but does happen on two Fire TV sticks.

Thank you.
(2016-05-11, 13:34)nchall Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 19:57)iCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]

It keeps other skin settings, such as Confluence or fTV.

I am running Jarvis 16.1, and the main issue is it not maintaining custom shortcuts that I input through the Home Screen Configuration menu under Skin Settings.

This doesn't happen on a Windows desktop, but does happen on two Fire TV sticks.

Thank you.

have you tried creating custom settings then closing kodi via the "quit" option letting kodi close then reopening kodi? i had this problem i figured it was because i was closing the kodi.app via OS instead of letting kodi quit which creates and saves new settings.
(2016-05-09, 23:21)iCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-07, 07:34)superbyron404 Wrote: [ -> ]hi I'm trying to modify the textures and I'm wondering if there is anything you do differently for the .xbt for krypton because I'm able to modify all files in the krypton skin but when i update the texture files and include in container it breaks the skin or won't load the textures. maybe I'm missing a step

My guess is you are probably using an older version of Texture Packer, Kodi 17 requires Texture Packer version 1.1.0+

http://kodi.wiki/view/TexturePacker

wiki Wrote:"Note: Kodi v17 does not support DXT packed textures anymore. Make sure you pack your skin textures with latest texturepacker (1.1.0 or newer)."

thanks it was the texturepacker i could find an updated tool i had to compile the new kodi to get it but its working now. I modifying the textures would you like me to post them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21