Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AddTimer - cannot add timer to client : invalid parameters for this method
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm beginner with Kodi and Vbox.
I'm french. Sorry for my english...

I have bought V@Home TV Gateway XTi 334 173,94 €
http://www.vboxcomm.com/live-tv-and-reco...nelec.html

I have installed the vbox.
I add a 16 Go USB key ( MBR+FAT 32) for recording.
Vbox version is 2.52. There is not update available.
In KODI / SYSTEM / System Info / PVR Service : the Vbox and the key is present

I have installed Kodi 16 on xUbuntu 14.04 LTS using :
Quote:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-vbox

I have configured "Settings PVR TV Gateway PVR Client"
( Add-on Sam Stenvall V 2.1.9 )

Connection internal : hostname = vbox (its the name given par orange livebox)

Kodi+VBox seems ok :
I can view TV
I can time shift
I can instant record.

BUT, if I want ADD A TIMER, I have :
An unexpected error occured. Try again later or check the log for more information"

And at the end of log, I get :

Quote:cat .kodi/temp/kodi.log
23:07:48 T:140598825646080 ERROR: PVR - AddTimer - addon 'VBox XTI 3342:vbox:80' returned an error: invalid parameters for this method
23:07:48 T:140598825646080 ERROR: PVR - AddTimer - cannot add timer to client '1536': invalid parameters for this method

I try "Add Timer" with different parameters, but never success...

Can somebody confirms having the same versions than me, and confirm if this play or not.

Thanks for your help...
Hi Phil35d,
I'am french too, and I would like to buy the VBox XTi-3342.
Before I would like to have your feedback on this equipment, and its usage in France : can you contact me with private message ?
Thanks.
Hi just bought a VBox Freeview box and using it in the UK. I have the expected string error for the UK Huffman encoded epg in the Kodi PVR add on.

Problem 1 - I can't figure out how to pair the HD epg entries with the SD channel data on setup.

Problem 2 - Recording works fine for the SD channels but unable to record HD in any way.

Kodi Error generated is

18:10:22 T:5664 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer - addon 'VBox XTI 3442:192.168.1.237:80' returned an error: invalid parameters for this method
18:10:22 T:5664 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::AddTimer - cannot add timer to client '17199': invalid parameters for this method
18:10:45 T:2492 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 1
18:11:03 T:5840 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1

Anyone got any ideas

Regards

Graham