Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nexus Player and skipping .TS h264 files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a Nexus Player (Android TV) set up running NPVR and on some recordings when playing back the .ts file (I find that it's more the HD one, which I believe use mpeg4/h264 rather than SD), the file plays without an issue, until I skip back/forward, or FF/REW a certain amount. Then the video freezes where it is, and the audio keeps playing. In the logs, I get the following error:
Quote:21:10:36 T:18446744073084774704 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec::GetOutputPicture ExceptionCheck; dequeueOutputBuffer
21:10:36 T:18446744073084774704 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:Big Grinecode ExceptionCheck
If I do this on an sd ts file (which I believe is an mpeg2 file), the skipping happens without any issues.[/quote]

And those lines just keep repeating. Any ideas/suggestions as to what might be the problem?
trac.kodi.tv please and don't cut logfiles.

Mpeg2 most likely works as it might be using sw decoding.
example from the issue today pasted here: https://paste.ee/r/qPbBA (full log)

ok thanks. so.. there's nothing I can do to fix it right now?
Nobody knows cause you did not give enough information - including a cut down Debug Log
Have added the debug log - let me know what else you need?
Code:
19:38:52 T:18446744073168619824  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
19:38:52 T:18446744073168619824  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

This isnt a debug log. Please read debug_log (wiki) to learn how to enabled debugging
OK sorry - here you go : http://xbmclogs.com/pty9y2wdq
Does that log file shed any light on the issue?
Yeah ... can you disable surface rendering and retry?
Unfortunately no luck - disabled the (Surface) renderer in settings but it still does the same thing..
And if you disable Mediacodec, too? (Assuming sw acceleration won't kill the device).
Playback is really jittery, but skipping works with that disabled!
Yeah, that was expected. Sorry - no one actively working on this issue. Please file a trac bug never the less with all logfiles - so that an upcoming new maintainer can pick those tasks up. Thanks in advance.