Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No access to Hardware Decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
I have bought a new box so I thought I would try and breath new life into my old Smart MediaPlayer Android box MBX (g18ref).
Android version 4.2.2 kernel version 3.0.50. Build number TestAndroid 20140512.V0801.
I reset the box back to factory settings and wiped everything.
I have installed Kodi 15.2 Isengard ok. However, I want to turn off hardware acceleration\decoding as at the moment I get sound only but no picture. I have encountered this before in the past and fixed it by going into System and turning off hardware decoding. But, for some reason I don't get the option. I'm running the Confluence skin. In the past I had a choice of expert, advanced, standard etc but I don't have this any more and running through all the options shown under System doesn't show the hardware decoding option at all. I have spent hours fiddling around and I'm at a loss.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks,
Andy
Maybe hardware decoding is not even supported, so options are hidden
hmmm, from memory I think I had to change the settings to disable hardware decoding some time ago.