Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any way to display an image not in db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to call a specific named image file that is located within a movie's folder, but not scanned into the db?
I have a few movies that include rated.png that I would like to display when that movie is highlighted. Is this possible?
I believe you need a scriot for that. So with pure xml vanilla skinning. My bet is no.
Code:
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,myimage.png]</texture>
</control>
(2016-04-14, 19:19)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
<control type="image">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Path,,myimage.png]</texture>
</control>

Thank you so much, this worked BEAUTIFULLY!
So I've been playing with this for an hour now and I can't seem to figure out how to achieve a visible tag. I've tried about 30 different combinations and googled, but to no avail. Can this be used as a visible condition for IsEmpty??
try this,

<control type="image" id="1234">
<texture background="true" fallback="empty.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,myimage.png]</texture>
<visible>!Substring(Control.GetLabel(1234),empty.png)</visible>
</control>

This assigns an id to the image, that being 1234 but you might have to use some random number as 1234 could be in use already in you skin, Then the fallback should populate it with empty.png when the $INFO is not found and then finally the visible should only display when the image is not empty.png.

Or something along that lines, I'm sure one of the seasoned skinners will have a better idea.
(2016-04-15, 10:55)Mike_Doc Wrote: [ -> ]try this,

<control type="image" id="1234">
<texture background="true" fallback="empty.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,myimage.png]</texture>
<visible>!Substring(Control.GetLabel(1234),empty.png)</visible>
</control>

This assigns an id to the image, that being 1234 but you might have to use some random number as 1234 could be in use already in you skin, Then the fallback should populate it with empty.png when the $INFO is not found and then finally the visible should only display when the image is not empty.png.

Or something along that lines, I'm sure one of the seasoned skinners will have a better idea.

Thank you very much! This was the closest thing I could find as an answer, but I wasn't sure since the posts that I read never mentioned why they used that code(or similar). That was easy enough to understand!
Soery. I missed "specific" in your question! :-)