Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Horizontal scrolling for icon panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible? At the moment they only seem to scroll vertically when you push against the top of the control; I want it to scroll when I push against the sides.
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
Hah! And to think I was going to try that and just figured it wouldn't work.

The perils of assumption.
Erm, okay. Now it's only showing one column of icons, even though the width is set at 600px.

Any ideas?
i'm no skinner, but how could anyone tell without seeing your xml code.

i added that to the small icon view in xbox-classic and it showed the same number of icons.
I don't think it is possible. I believe that thumbnail panels are only meant to scroll vertically.
It's okay - it was a bug in the particular build of XBMC I was using. Spotted it in the patch notes.
maybe you could change the <onup>,<ondown>,<onleft>,and <onright> of the control you want to change, but I dunno if that will give you the effect you are looking for.
Hey new team skinner guy Smile It does work Smile
Yeah, there was a bug that was discovered when the first person actually tried to do it Tongue

It was supposed to work from the start, honest!
Nuka1195 Wrote:Hey new team skinner guy Smile It does work Smile
Thats cool. I never knew it could work like that.
how about horizontal scrolling for textboxes?
How would that work exactly? One big long line? Sounds like a label control with scrolling.
did i wrote horizontal? Smile damn

Labels start scrolling if the defined label is longer than the control. It would be nice for some skins and scripts, if the text within a textbox starts to scroll slowly down after a short delay.

Is this possible yet? maybe with an other control as a textbox?