Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm not sure I'm aware of any issues, what exactly is it?

In 3D list view, the currently playing media appears on the right side of the screen, blocking the album names. You can still press up and down to scroll through albums, (the "highlight bar" is still there) but can only see the album covers flipping.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I don't know how djh feels about this but personally I like the way the background changes when scrolling through the options on the home page.

Oh, my background doesn't change when scrolling... Come to think of it, it used to. I think it stopped after I customized the tabs that appear on the home page. Hmm...
oh, fixed in v4 apparently. Updating now, thanks!
just updated to v4... there are only 2 views in Games (apps)? The tiled view would be perfect!

Also, I think the glass overlay is missing in one screen, Music I think - cannot remember.

otherwise, look'n sweet!

Definitely looking forward to text color changes... the white text on white background (glass) hurts to try to see it!
Not quite what I meant, I meant that once a track is playing you are unable to change the view.. ie change from list to wrap etc.

anther bug I noticed is that when you go to skin / custom settings and turn off the settings (down) menu. The visulisations that were turned off come back again in the home page.

Thats all I have found so far.
mug2k Wrote:Am I supposed to get the one on the first page and then update with this one ?

Yes
Affini Wrote:there are only 2 views in Games (apps)? The tiled view would be perfect!

I'll look into adding it for the next release (I mainly use the Video views and occasionally the Music so those are the ones that I have concentrated on)

Affini Wrote:Also, I think the glass overlay is missing in one screen, Music I think - cannot remember.

I have checked through the Music views and it's there for all of them (the changes I've made to the views shouldn't affect the glass overlay on any of the pages). If you do see it again please let me know where it happens.
Broads Wrote:Not quite what I meant, I meant that once a track is playing you are unable to change the view.. ie change from list to wrap etc.

Aha, now I understand. I think the reason for this is that the now playing track info takes up the space on the right hand side and the area with the text for controlling the view is scrolled off the screen to the left.

Quite a few of the issues that people have raised relate to the fact that the now playing track info cuts in to the available space in the UI. The top and bottom are already a no-go and then when music is playing the right hand third of the screen is gone too.

I think I'm going to look into changing the now playing info so that it takes up less of the space available to the views. This is probably venturing into an area that should really be left to djh but I think I'm going to investigate it anyway and see what impact it has. (djh, if you are reading this and disagree, or have other ideas please let me know)

Broads Wrote:anther bug I noticed is that when you go to skin / custom settings and turn off the settings (down) menu. The visulisations that were turned off come back again in the home page.

Do you know if this is a bug introduced by the mod or was it in the original release? (I've not made any changes to the home page as far as I know)

I'll have a look into it anyway, when I get a chance, and see if I can come up with a solution.
What file do I need to change so that I can add some viewing options for the clips section ?

Thanks
mug2k Wrote:What file do I need to change so that I can add some viewing options for the clips section ?
Thanks

I would have thought you should already have the standard views plus my Wide, Movie and Tiled Movie views as I assumed that the Clips would use the same UI as the other videos? (Movies, TV Shows and Clips all use the same video windows)
mine has no options at all Confused
mug2k Wrote:mine has no options at all Confused

I've just had a look and I think I know what the problem is and will try to implement a fix in the next release. (I have the clips deactivated on mine so have never tried to make use of it)
thats great, I'm sure how your gonna improve it this time as its pretty much perfect now Big Grin
I couldn't find many images I wanted to use for music and other things in actual top resoultion, so I went for a scaled-down 1024 x 576 size. I don't even have a HD TV anyways - it's a 21 inch 4:3 - any I'm still using the widescreen Xephyr because it's the best skin. Smaller images load quicker and easier.. With the 1280s, I can hear the fan power increase with every menu scroll so this was doubly better for me as I'm always woried that the Xbox might break.

(If you have a 4:3 TV I would reccomend that you change the Xbox to 16:9 and resize the XBMC screen to have borders top and bottom. Videos and pictures (and maybe games?) can be fixed to play in 4:3 all the while.)

Here's some girlies for Pictures, some for Movies and a Jeniffer Aniston one for TV Shows (I thought it was suited beter there)

http://www.box.net/shared/cslyj9lq5a
In an attempt to keep things somewhat organized I compiled my changes with Skunk's latest release and am calling it Xephyr_Mod_v5.

The main thing I wanted to try was getting Media Sources customizable to avoid editing the homescroller all the time.
Weather has been added and also a Home page option
Library options, and more...
Also Clips and Music Videos now have multiple views per someones request.

Check the readme for all the changes.

I highly recommend reseting the skin settings after installing this to avoid any problems.
It's now under the Misc tab in custom settings.

Skunk FYI,
I didn't modify any of your code just added your views to the bottom of my MyVideo.xls and MyVideoNav.xls
Also changed your Includes.xls (added some home weather stuff)

Hope you don't mind Eek

If you feel this is worth including with your next releases please do so I don't have to mod again!

One thing that still needs some work is the home weather option (I garbled it together...you'll see).
I may tackle this soon.

This will probably be it from me for a while (damn work).
Anyways enjoy...Hope you like the additions.
http://rapidshare.com/files/58292000/Xep...5.zip.html
Of course it couldn't go without problems.
Noticed a few problems right away so here's an update.

http://rapidshare.com/files/58297934/Xep...a.zip.html