Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [NVidia Shield] "Pause during refresh rate change" doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm using Kodi on a NVidia Shield, with an Denon AVR-X3200W, and have a problem with "Pause during refresh rate change" setting.
It simply doesn't work... I tried different values (2-5 seconds), but my videos start immediately, and then, after 2 seconds, my TV change rate from 60 Hz to 24p.
Shouldn't it pause videos at startup for the defined time, allowing TV to change rate ?
Or is it a problem with Android version ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
It's a problem specific to the Android version. It needs proper implementation.
I only notice this problem when my shields refreshrate is set to 60Hz.

If I'm on 50Hz it directly starts changing the refreshrate at the beginning of playback.
As said: it needs proper implementation.
Is it Krypton?
Supposed to work fine on Jarvis...
Thanks for your answers.
I'm on Jarvis, latest stable version (16.0)...
Debug Log (wiki) would tell what's happening...
It's strange, yesterday I didn't have the problem... Maybe it depends on the order I boot the devices (Shield, TV and AVR). If the problem repeats, I'll put debug log here.

Thanks a lot !
Oh, indeed.
You have to boot the shield AFTER the TV / avr is on, or it doesn't detect the various refresh rates.

Has been said at least 100 times...
Yes I knew about the order, but I can't figure some strange behaviour... Yesterday, I booted TV and AVR way before Shield, and the problem occured... Then I rebooted my AVR (NOT the Shield), and the problem was gone...
Strange. When you say booting the shield, you actually mean pulling the plug, right? (or do a Shield restart)
Looks like the shield is not properly handling the HDMI events, so does not re-read the EDID when a device pops up in the chain.
No I meant in standby. Do I have to shut it down every time I shut my TV and AVR ?
If you just bring your device in Stand-By mode KODI is maybe sleeping in background as well. After resuming the session KODI will (at least I suppose) not run through the initial start sequence. Regarding to the logfiles created by KODI TV refreshrates and resolutions will be scanned on KODI start.
No, you have to do a full reboot once, then it'll keep the settings.
If the last time the shield was rebooted the TV happened to be off, it'll never recover.
Sorry to ask, Shield still have this issue right? Because I seems not to be able to make it run at 24Hz, it always run at 60Hz even if I reboot TV, AVR and than Shield. Or do I have to do anything else? Before it works fine.
Pages: 1 2