Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ask a password but on windows it's not setted for sharing folder.... because ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ever used my SMB sharing folder whitout a problems........ but from today on my Pi2 when i try to access to my SMB sharing folder i obtain a ASK for a password.

For my Windows 7 X64 the sharing folder it's on smb://192.168.1.2 <- The IP of my PC over my LAN

From Advanced option i ever setted to NOT used the password for public and for home group and it's ever working...... but from today my Pi2 has begin to ask this password (i thinks after the last upgrade of my kodi distro...16.1 RC3 of osmc).

All my shared folder on Windows 7 it's setted to access to "EveryOne" and all folders have the complete access in read & write..... it's very strange situation because all it's working for about one years and from today no more working and this password ask it's appears on kodi.......

I have tryed to access to same shared folder by another pc and no password it's needed to access... apparently only kodi ask this.................

How i can check my problems ? The problems it's on windows or in kodi ?

*EDIT*
Apparently other member have a similar problems also on osmc official forum:
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/cant-reach-m...te/15628/3

*EDIT 2*
Apparently no solution has worked..... someone has obtain similar problems on this recent days ?
There is a solution for Windows computers. You just need to create an account with a password.
(2016-04-20, 15:21)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: [ -> ]There is a solution for Windows computers. You just need to create an account with a password.

Yeah exactly........ after some search on google and in another thread in official osmc forum i have create a hide administrators account on my Windows 7 X64 and using the username/password work whitout a problems.

But my question it's...... this password request on my Pi2 it's "caused" by an upgrade componets on osmc/debian or it's a security patch added in windows os ?