Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel Apollo Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-12-16, 12:10)flyingernst Wrote: [ -> ]Same behavior with 1215z

1215z is for the dark menu issue not 4k@60.
Just wanted to report that #1215z is working regarding color space (asrock n3150-itx)

With previous builds "xrandr" showed "video limited 16:235 passthrough", now it shows "full", which I guess is correct when you want to have a "limited - full - limited" setup.

Thanks Milhouse and fritsch.
Great. Milhouse, can we drop this patch? - upstream is working on another approach anyways, so we should reduce the amount of patches, especially if they harm.
Ah ok. I thought you where talking to me and tested the xorg.conf :-P
I have this bug only since I updated LSPCON to 1.66 and 1.71 (as I remember). Thats why I would like to retest it with original lspcon Firmware, which I dont find. I am not so sure If am am the only one, because J4205/LSPCON 1.71/LibreElec ist the only soft/hardware configuration which shows this error. I have 2 another hardware players (Iconbit and s912 with libreelec 8.2/rgb output and 8.9/yuv output) which dont have this aspec ration bug. Even my 4205 just has it with LibreElec as you see. The AR error is also on the screenshot made by LibreElec. Auto and 16:9 AR Settings on my TV show the same error, I can use "fill" Settings for example to remove the bug, but in that case there would be a loss of quality. The same AR Error behavior I have on my HDMI 1.4 beamer BenQ W1070 by the way.
(2017-12-16, 13:23)flyingernst Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok. I thought you where talking to me and tested the xorg.conf :-P
I have this bug only since I updated LSPCON to 1.66 and 1.71 (as I remember). Thats why I would like to retest it with original lspcon Firmware, which I dont find. I am not so sure If am am the only one, because J4205/LSPCON 1.71/LibreElec ist the only soft/hardware configuration which shows this error. I have 2 another hardware players (Iconbit and s912 with libreelec 8.2/rgb output and 8.9/yuv output) which dont have this aspec ration bug. Even my 4205 just has it with LibreElec as you see. The AR error is also on the screenshot made by LibreElec. Auto and 16:9 AR Settings on my TV show the same error, I can use "fill" Settings for example to remove the bug, but in that case there would be a loss of quality. The same AR Error behavior I have on my HDMI 1.4 beamer BenQ W1070 by the way.
 Yeah - in comparison to other intel drivers this LSPCON thing is a proprietary shitfuck, that is only available for the retarded OS. Linux (including LE) need to workaround those shortcomings. So: It won't help a single bit, that you enumerate what works, that won't make that other thing working. If they forced something for 1.71 in combination with the intel proprietary drivers - yeah, so be it ... we cannot help it.
(2017-12-16, 13:09)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Milhouse, can we drop this patch?
Ok will do, it will be in the next release build.
How should I know, thats why I ask for it here. So AR bug is how it is. What is with the color space? I just wanted to help, nothing else, I can use libreelec 8.2.1, I miss nothing there
See 1215z for colors NOT HDR, if it does not work, nothing we can do.
Who talked about HDR?!
(2017-12-16, 14:25)flyingernst Wrote: [ -> ]Who talked about HDR?!

Wanted to be very sure cause of the wild mixture of topics ending with "?" in your questions :-)
@fritsch
Thanks man, this file fixed it !!!
@[b]Milhouse  - please put this file in your next build, don't forget one important thing, not a lot of people have HDR 4k tv's with Receivers that support that also and they are active in here to share there problems Smile
Anyway, thanks for the fix !!!
[/b]
No problem. But this fix is 10 months old.
Odd, i didn't have this file at all after the installation...

Milhouse please check it for the next build if the file exists
(2017-12-16, 19:19)guandms Wrote: [ -> ]Odd, i didn't have this file at all after the installation...

Milhouse please check it for the next build if the file exists
 It's nothing for everyone. It is only needed for you and some others :-) - having it default is a no go as it certainly makes harm on non 4k devices.