Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel Apollo Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-19, 23:45)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]It's the very same DP -> HDMI bridge. It's a driver bug and kodi can't fix that. If you would have valuable information for the bug piotrasd opened, please add them.

Yes, I'm aware. Same MC2800 LSPCon and same SW version as well (1.56). I don't think there's anything different with this device (except for being Intel manufactured) compared to piotrasd's bug report.

I think I'll need to build a Krypton setup with your guide (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955) and replace the kernel with intel-drm-nightly before adding anything in the bug report...
Hi, I've been trying to make 5.1 work over HDMI in Linux for several days without success (Asrock J3455-ITX). Tried different versions and desktops of Mint, Ubuntu, Debian... different sources of audio... different pulseaudio configurations... but all I got is PCM 2.0 in my Yamaha RX-v381. What's the correct way to configure it? I am with Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 installed in the SSD now.
Really...Was written enough that you need to use the dvi to HDMI adapter for passthrough. Multichannel pcm is working perfectly. Should work also in your setup. You have to go into the settings please read or watch instructions for audio setup.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
He is missing: http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio and debian is selfmade pain with much too old kernel for this new hardware. On hw missed the old sentence: no Debug Log no issue.
Just invested myself into a J4205 and two DDR3L modules.
Kingston VS 1600 and Cruxial 1866 where the models I tested. Both had same behavior (stable but funny behavior when it was disconnected from energy and started the first time)
Had this problem in Single and Dual Channel.
(2016-12-20, 18:32)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Just invested myself into a J4205 and two DDR3L modules.

Same here Cool
fritsch/priotrasd: Was just quiet the last view day. Do you have some new features/releases to test?!

Are these "Intel" test-releases something which will end in puplic releases or are they now custom made and their functions will get integrated later to generic releases? Sorry for this question, dont know much about how you are organized.

Thanks
Busy with real work. Kodi is weekend.
(2016-12-20, 18:32)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Just invested myself into a J4205 and two DDR3L modules.

Great news Nod
Quote:12:33 < fritsch> ickle: 0x0e4 0 sg 0 64 0 r . . 16 16 16 16 f . 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None <- what is missing on the intel driver to get 16 bit precission
visuals?
12:33 -!- quant [[email protected]] has joined #intel-gfx
12:34 < ickle> on a visual, a lot
12:35 < ickle> there is discussion on extending visuals to floating point (at least)

Kodi's change then is trivial.

ickle: Chris Wilson, one of the chief developers at oss intel
(2016-12-22, 13:40)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:12:33 < fritsch> ickle: 0x0e4 0 sg 0 64 0 r . . 16 16 16 16 f . 4 0 0 16 16 16 16 0 0 None <- what is missing on the intel driver to get 16 bit precission
visuals?
12:33 -!- quant [[email protected]] has joined #intel-gfx
12:34 < ickle> on a visual, a lot
12:35 < ickle> there is discussion on extending visuals to floating point (at least)

Kodi's change then is trivial.

ickle: Chris Wilson, one of the chief developers at oss intel
Hard to classify @ickles response. But it sounds as if it is not so trivial on their side, for the first? What is your guess @fritsch? Do you think it is a matter of weeks or months or is there a chance at all, this to get solved?
Months I'd say.
Thanks, was afraid to hear that Wink.

This is about the HD Audio passthrough, isn't it?

Now I've caught up every post in this thread and I'm also wondering about the CEC capability, which was mentioned in the specs. If I'm not wrong, it was only referring to the capabilities of the HDMI 2.0 bridge, right? This does not automatically mean that CEC is wired in hardware to anything, or does it?
Or are there any plans / chances that CEC might be included somehow without an additional PuleEight adapter (either internal or external)?

And one last question: It is still not fully clear for me whether 3D MVC (or 3D with TV Autoswitching) is working already or if this will be worked on, if it isn't working yet. When I read the complete thread I didn't pay too much attention to MVC and now I cannot search the thread regarding this keyword, because it is too short for searching :/
No - not at all :-) That has nothing to do with HD-Audio. HD-Audio I consider "weeks". For the rest: No interest on my side, volunteers ahead.