Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel Apollo Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-08-08, 07:35)wallofsound Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to enable 2160p 60hz to get smooth Interface.

I mean say in comparison to an rPi 3, which gets very choppy even at 1080p when scrolling through a small library with cover/fan art, more so when playing a video (at 50Hz) in the background. How is the NUC, at 4K, in this regard?

I do happen to run my rPi at 50Hz by default due to 25Hz TV broadcasts, but it changes refresh rate as needed
Not sure.
I also had horrible lagging at 2160p30, p50 is unavailable on my setup (never debugged that issue).
enabling 2160p60 enabled a much smoother gui overall.
p30... totally clear.
@fritsch @Milhouse

From my testing on LE8 builds, "Video 16:235 pass-through" does not function with the DP/LSPCon/HDMI2.0 ports on the Skull Canyon Skylake/Apollo Lake/Kaby Lake NUCs. I am not a SW programmer so its difficult for me to decipher what is in code. Does the latest build of this patch resolve the issue?

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...lors.patch
I don't think this patch is valid anymore. Use full range driver and limited in Kodi.
(2017-08-12, 11:06)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this patch is valid anymore. Use full range driver and limited in Kodi.
Thats too bad. Do you mind me asking why? I started following your work on this patch in 2015. In my opinion it was a great innovation for LibreELEC. It still works excellent on LE8 if you aren't using DP->LSPCon->HDMI 2.0.
(2017-08-12, 19:57)Ach!lles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 11:06)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this patch is valid anymore. Use full range driver and limited in Kodi.
Thats too bad. Do you mind me asking why? I started following your work on this patch in 2015. In my opinion it was a great innovation for LibreELEC. It still works excellent on LE8 if you aren't using DP->LSPCon->HDMI 2.0.

Basically I don't have the time anymore to work on that stuff - as of every day job. I had hoped someone would take it up and bring it into kernel finally ...
I understand and can respect your position re: time Fritsch. Thanks for trying. Getting Intel to do anything is like pulling teeth. Take for example the HD audio passthrough bug Piotr opened that you have been involved with. Repetitively explaining what is wrong and how to reproduce the bug with certain Intel devs is getting tiresome. I am hoping Jani can connect the dots for the teams over there at Intel.
Oops. Double post
The intel devs are good guys. Don't confuse the "customer support" with the real hackers - Jani (the good tech guy) in that bugreport :-)
Yeah I looked Jani up. He is definitely a good guy.
(2017-08-12, 08:37)Ach!lles Wrote: [ -> ]@fritsch @Milhouse
From my testing on LE8 builds, "Video 16:235 pass-through" does not function with the DP/LSPCon/HDMI2.0 ports on the Skull Canyon Skylake/Apollo Lake/Kaby Lake NUCs. I am not a SW programmer so its difficult for me to decipher what is in code. Does the latest build of this patch resolve the issue?
What makes you say that it doesn't function? I checked it with the latest @Milhouse build on a Kaby Lake system (Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 ITX/ac). 0-15 and 236-255 (or the 12-bit equivalent) were passthroughed without any scaling. This was with the defaults.
(2017-08-13, 06:55)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 08:37)Ach!lles Wrote: [ -> ]@fritsch @Milhouse
What makes you say that it doesn't function? I checked it with the latest @Milhouse build on a Kaby Lake system (Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 ITX/ac). 0-15 and 236-255 (or the 12-bit equivalent) were passthroughed without any scaling. This was with the defaults.
I am not using the latest build. Thats why I asked the question. Are you behind a HDMI 2.0 -> DisplayPort via LSPCon? Not sure if its entirely accurate but your board does provide HDMI by way of LSPCon to Displayport.
https://www.reddit.com/r/htpc/comments/6...n_testers/
I come here every now and again in the hope that we have HD Audio in Libre-elec. I am guessing this is still not ( and will never be ) the case?

If so I guess its time to stick her on ebay and re-purchase the older generation.
(2017-08-14, 23:37)boxrick Wrote: [ -> ]I come here every now and again in the hope that we have HD Audio in Libre-elec. I am guessing this is still not ( and will never be ) the case?

I'd like to believe that it's just a matter of time to get it fixed, as the bug is a bit wider than I originally though.

(2017-08-14, 23:37)boxrick Wrote: [ -> ]If so I guess its time to stick her on ebay and re-purchase the older generation.

Rethink about it

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797#c84

The older generation (if you refer to Apollo Lake NUC) is not immune to the LSPcon "bug". It just need to have a DP->HDMI converter (LSPcon). LSPcon seems to be the "common denominator" of the affected equiment.

BR