Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 - "Estuary" option to display either "Year" or "Rating" on list panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After using XBMC and Kodi for may years me and some of my friends only need one feature added.

Please add the functionality to either display "Year" or "Rating" on list panels of Movies and TV Shows when they get listed similar to "Rating" displayed on "Recently Added" detail list for Movies.

This will be particularly valuable for people with a lot of Movies or TV Shows.

As an example:

If you filter for "Science Fiction" Movies you cannot see the Rating in the list of movies no matter what view you choose.

Please add to new "Estuary" and "Confluence" skins if possible.
the info shown depends on the selected sort method.

so, set the sort method to 'Rating' :-)
I have the same request. Ratings displayed on all tv-show and movie panels would be very useful. But I still need to keep my show and movies sorted by Date. I just need to know the rating of the latest entries. Can you add an option to display the rating directly on each movie thumbnail? No matter what the view mode or sorting is selected? That would be great. Especially if the rating is the one parsed with the IMDB info addon.

Thanks
Thank you for your replies.

As Ronie pointed out - "the info shown depends on the selected sort method" (which makes sense).

Here is the point I really wanted to make in my initial post.

If you are in "Movies" and "Fanart" or any other "List" view, filtered by "Science-Fiction" (or another genre) and sort by "Year" then you can only get the movie's "Rating" if you press "I" on each movie.

Maybe we need another "ViewType" similar to "Fanart" called "Detail" that shows the Title, Year, Rating, My rating, MPAA rating, DateAdded and PlayCount with a small picture on the right or below the list for Movies and Series.

This will be very useful for people with large collections of Movies or Series.
Just upgraded to kodi 17 from 16 and am very disappointed to see that none of the views have mpaa rating. Confluence had this and is vital to browsing when you have kids. I don't want to change the sort method as I want to keep the A-Z sort. When sorting via MPAA, the titles are all out of order...this makes it near impossible to find something. Theres even room under the Writer for this info, yet its just empty (in Shift viewtype).

Whoever designs this Estuary skin must not have kids nor use these other sort methods.

Ideally would be nice to customize the Genre/Director/Writer panel with info we want.
Same for me. I got used to it with XBMC and now that I updated to Kodi...

I too like my movies storted by date...