Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Indian channels support in Ireland on Nvidia Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am in republic of Ireland (Europe), and looking for right android TV boxes to see Indian channels.While I am yet to decide if I should buy Nvidia Shield or MINIX, I am not sure if they using KODI can allow me watching Indian channels.

So Before I buy NVidia Shield , would you please let me know if I would be able to see Indian channels support in Ireland on Nvidia Shield. Will you provide pluggins to let me see these channels like Star plus, Zee TV, Sony , Colors, etc using Kodi

Please advise also any other hardware that you think would be helpful for mr to buy

/regards
Santosh Mishra
Please read Free_content (wiki). Kodi does not provide any media, they do not condone Official:Forum_rules#Piracy_Policy (wiki).
Have a look through the video add-ons section, there are add-ons for at least some of those.

It will be worth confirming though whether they are geo-locked or not, as if they are then they probably won't work outside of India. Post the question in the individual add-ons threads to confirm if their first posts don't give an indication.

* Hotstar Rain
* Ditto Rain
* Sony < this one appears to be broken
* Einthusan.com
All these are giving me a feeling that its a risk to buy. I dont have an assurance that I would be able to see Indian channels. Now that parties providing hardware and app like Kodi and add-ons are all independent and different, no one would look after once into issues.

I wonder why it has such a big name
The Foundation provide the Kodi app/program, which is a media player. As @bry- said, we do not provide any media at all.

But Kodi is expandable by third party add-ons, which are designed to allow access to various legal sources and to extend functionality. However the internet being what it is, others have produced add-ons which access non-legal sources, over which we have no control.

The key point is to draw the distinction between the two. Originally Kodi was designed to play locally stored media, and that is still its primary design usage. What others have done to extend this is in many ways beyond our control. What individual users wish to use Kodi for and what sources they may want to use is up to them, and as Kodi is free open-sourced software they are free to do what they want with it.

If you have sources for Indian TV channels then it's quite possible that Kodi can be used to view them. But if those sources are illegal then the choice to use them, and the responsibility for any repercussions that may come from doing so, is entirely up to you.
I understand that however my entire point of using Androidbox is that I want to see Indian channels without using a satellite dish. We dont get Indian channels from any service providers and satellite dish cannot be installed at my place. I am infact ready to pay regularly for any legal service that can let me see.

If I buy hard ware(100-300 euro) and Kodi , and then cant find right addons, whole money would be waste.

So now the point is that only if I get reliable source, should I invest on hardware that runs Kodi.

Is there a way I can get legal list of channels ? or addons that provide legal content?

Please advise

thanks for your time.
The add-ons I linked to above are legal. Beyond that you'll have to research on the net as to what the channel providers may offer. Just beware of many of the YouTube channels, as they will often leads you to illegal sources.

As already stated we don't provide media, so what you choose is down to you. But you can get devices like a Raspberry Pi or an Amazon fire stick or TV for a lot less than your quoted figures.
thank you Darren and Bry- for your information and advice. I think I will have to take this risk to try once.

I have Samsung TV and its not smart. So not sure if just the fire stick would work. Bought MXQ pro last week but turned out that it didnt work. so finally decided to go for NVidia shield or MINIX which are costlier but atleast would work. I am still not sure about the right hardware but was sure that standard ones would support Kodi. Now before choosing anything else I should be sure I would get my channels, so questioned here.

Reading on net it appears, to get a better storage, seamless streaming latest Android (5 and above) would be better . Looking on net it seems all such boxes cost 100 euroes and above.

Would you please advise anything where Kodi comes auto installed on latest Android ?

thanks again for you advices