Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does this script work on the xbox then?
from reading the previous posts, it sounds like it is only working on the mac version of xbmc atm.
I tried a previous link to google code but not a lot happened when i copied it over Tongue
drshit Wrote:does this script work on the xbox then?
from reading the previous posts, it sounds like it is only working on the mac version of xbmc atm.
I tried a previous link to google code but not a lot happened when i copied it over Tongue

Yes it works on normal XBOX XBMC too, it's just the streaming bit that is disabled. Downloading programmes works fine though.
FreddyFr0g Wrote:That sounds a bit tricky top of my head as (I'm talking about the way the script is used for a dbox) one could fast forward (jump) 10 minutes in the stream, so if you save as you stream type of thing then you'll be missing some data.

Would having proxy in between the script and the BBC website will fix this? I.e. will it be clever enough to serve a partially/completed streamed file from its cache rather than make a brand new query on the BBC server?

Good point... Yeah there is no neat solution for that that I can readily think of.
How do you fix it if you run the script and get this error?

Quote:This was triumph. I'm making a note here: SYSTEM FAILURE.

MY xbmc is up to date
drshit Wrote:How do you fix it if you run the script and get this error?

MY xbmc is up to date

This was fixed a week or two ago. Grab the latest script:
http://xbmc-iplayer.googlecode.com/files...021904.zip
Hi all,
Installed the script and searching and watching individual programs works well, problem i have is that if i select a channel (BBC1 for instance) ir begins downloading the content, gets to about "page 10 program 163" and then fails with a BBCiplayer error, do you want to try again "yes-no" doesnt matter how many times i try it always fails at around the same point.
Any ideas?
Im using XBMC from 27/02/08 and the latest 200804021904 script
sharpcroft Wrote:Installed the script and searching and watching individual programs works well, problem i have is that if i select a channel (BBC1 for instance) ir begins downloading the content, gets to about "page 10 program 163" and then fails with a BBCiplayer error, do you want to try again "yes-no" doesnt matter how many times i try it always fails at around the same point.

I think it's probably running out of memory at that point (storing the XML data for all 163 programmes!)

This is a known issue and something I shall try to address in the next version. For now, if you can, please don't browse categories that are so huge!
Also sharpcroft, if you could plonk your xbmc.log up somewhere I'll be able to confirm this is the issue. (Make sure to enable logging and just re-run the script to reproduce the error, then upload to pastebin or something)
@johnsto

I am using my Xbox ( I have 3 around the house and not the Dbox Version (i got 2) ) to use this and for example on this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b...src=ip_mlt

It shows me the Lady for Hearing Impeared (no clud how to spell it) ... Is that normal on iPLayer ?
pt-1 Wrote:@johnsto

I am using my Xbox ( I have 3 around the house and not the Dbox Version (i got 2) ) to use this and for example on this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b...src=ip_mlt

It shows me the Lady for Hearing Impeared (no clud how to spell it) ... Is that normal on iPLayer ?

It's up to the BBC how and which programs get encoded for use on iphone/ipod (and hence xbox iplayer as thats the content it downloads). I have watched some programs and it was the sign language version. You may find that the BBC makes available two versions and broadcasts them at different times and they appear available at different times. You just happen to have d/l the signing version.

Cheers
Have you made any headway with that rather perplexing conundrum Johnsto? Or have we reached a stage where we'll need to ask for some XBMC dev's help/insight to move further with this?

Thanks again for your help!

TheBoxMan
Is it possible to change the default save location for downloaded files?

Mine are being saved to my E drive which is relatively low on space.

I have looked at the files, but can't find where the save location is defined. Actually I have found reference to it but have no knowledge how to change it.

thanks
woops, failed to respect the developer behind this script - it works well and looks good too, especially for such a new script. Thanks
TheBoxMan: been away and a bit busy, plan to investigate more nearer the weekend.

frumpy_uk: it's easy to change in default.py (it's defined near the top)
Ok I've finally checked this out and wow! It works so well and is so smooth.

Would the author be interested in coming into the BBC to talk to the iplayer team? Also if we could hook up some real streaming would this script still work?

Ian Forrester - BBC Backstage