Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone checked this out on the XBOX? I have updated to the latest zip file "xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200808251228" and I get a list of shows but when I select any of them I get

Error - playlist playback aborted - Too many consecutibe failed items.
tirosh Wrote:Has anyone checked this out on the XBOX? I have updated to the latest zip file "xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200808251228" and I get a list of shows but when I select any of them I get

Error - playlist playback aborted - Too many consecutibe failed items.

It is not supported at present on the "old" xbox and the file must be installed as a Video Plugin instead of a script !

But again no support at present on the old Xbox
pt-1 Wrote:It is not supported at present on the "old" xbox and the file must be installed as a Video Plugin instead of a script !

That explains it, thanks. Will wait to see what happens.
Voinage Wrote:Finally checked out windows xbmc, the streams halt about 30 seconds in.

Everything else runs fine, it starts playback then we get the hang.

John,

Couldn`t find the playback sequence in your code - all of my plugins produce the same error when i try to play streams.

couldn`t load libcurl etc

The plugin doesn't really do much w.r.t. playback - it just fetches the RTMP URL, and gives it to XBMC (in a ListItem) to do as it pleases. Once the video has started playing, it's all in XBMC's hands!

-dave
pt-1 Wrote:It is not supported at present on the "old" xbox and the file must be installed as a Video Plugin instead of a script !

What do you mean by the "Old Xbox" do you mean that the script only works with the 360?
no it just doesn't work on the xbox 1 yet because there's a bug in the RTMP protocol code. RTMP works a better on the ports but as it wont play the streams all the way through its obviously not working perfectly.
Hi i'm having trouble running this on Plex RC3, based in the UK so can access the iPlayer website fine without proxy/other workarounds.

New to Macs in general, only had my iMac around 2 months, been following this thread for about 1 of those and I've not been close to getting this to work!

Lightly scanned through the thread again just now and and i'm still lost.

rudeboyx Wrote:its a PLUGIN not a script. place the 3 files in the plugins/videos/bbciplayer folder and assign it as a source in the videos section of xbmc

I downloaded - xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200808251228 and this includes 3 files:

- default.py
- feedparser.py
- iplayer2.py

johnsto Wrote:The current version is a plugin only, which means you should extract it to /plugins/video/iplayer

Then on the XBMC Video menu, use 'Add Source' to add the plugin to the list of video sources. I can't remember the exact procedure, but it's fairly self-explanatory and there are docs and wiki pages on XBMC Plugins that will explain it better than me!

A proper script version is coming (with custom GUI and everything), but for now the plugin is easier to maintain which is why that's come first.

Where do I create the folders to place these files?? I've tried showing the contents of the Plex package and making them in there, but then I can't add them as a source in Plex as the App can't see the contents of the package.

I tried making them in my movies folder, but none of the .py files show up therefore I can't add them as a script?

The closest I got was getting it to show in the script section, it said running for a few seconds next to it and then stopped, this was a few weeks back.

Any help appreciated.

Onanov Wrote:What do you mean by the "Old Xbox" do you mean that the script only works with the 360?

He means the original black XBOX. XBMC doesn't work on the 360.

As far as I know this only works on Linux, Mac and Windows versions of the software. As the support for it on the 'original' XBOX is there (yet, possibly never?). I hope it will as I have the original XBOX version too.
I've just updated to PLEX v0.5.14 and still no luck. Sad
Onanov Wrote:What do you mean by the "Old Xbox" do you mean that the script only works with the 360?
XBMC is only available on Linux, Mac, Windows, and the 'old' original Xbox game-console, (XBMC is not available for the new Xbox360 game-console). RTMP is currently working in XBMC for Linux, Mac, and Windows, ...it is not working in XBMC for Xbox as that code will need a lot more work because of Xbox coding limitations, ...and no one on Team-XBMC is today interested at looking at the RTMP code in XBMC for Xbox because it will most likely mean A LOT of work, with little reward.
jelockwood Wrote:However there are on average about 50 programmes a day listed on iPlayer and this plugin initially says "retrieving 1 of 50" but ends up only listing 4 or less. Worse still it seems to list the same programmes for all seven days!

The current version of the plugin should fix this issue, I believe it was caused by RTMP URL auths/lookups for each programme (ugh!) and I put much nicer solution this morning. It should all be a lot quicker now too.
The Boxee community seems to be making some progress to (again only for Linux/Mac/Windows):
http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=202

Wink
tried this new version on window but what ever program I choose it gets stuck trying to download the play list apart from that its a big improvement very snappy

log of the lock up
http://pastebin.com/m6d1f3f2f
I manage to get this semi working on Plex v0.5.14 and XBMC Atlantis.

I can retrieve the list of programs, but on both it sticks on Opening Stream.

I left the Atlantis version in this state for around 5 mins and eventually it played about 5 seconds of video before stopping again.

Thanks to jelockwood for the help in getting this up and running.
johnsto Wrote:The current version of the plugin should fix this issue, I believe it was caused by RTMP URL auths/lookups for each programme (ugh!) and I put much nicer solution this morning. It should all be a lot quicker now too.

This latest version does now get the full list of programmes (and no longer allows selecting by day), but when you try playing any programme in Plex it just sits there and Plex then behaves as if locked up (it is totally unresponsive). I am just trying XBMC Atlantis for Mac and getting the same results.

I get the impression that the previous version now also causes Plex/XBMC to lock up as well, suggesting the BBC have made another change and broken it.
Yeah, looks like the streams won't work. Anyone know of any other RTMP streams that we can use to test if this is an XBMC issue or if the BBC really have changed something?