Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gavjbrown Wrote:Yes in Derby U.K

I get the same,
London, UK.
Weird, if I choose 'Watch Your Videos' and then broswe to 'video plugins' all the titles, icons etc work fine. However if I access it through 'watch tv shows', 'plugins' (with library enabled) I just get the weird stream names e.g B000DW3PSTREAMING.... , not much use. Anyone know why this is? Using latest T3ch build of XBMC, latest Mediastream skin and I downloaded the latest build of the IPlayer plugin tonight.... oh and I do live in the UK. (East Yorkshire!).
The Sandman Wrote:if I access it through 'watch tv shows', 'plugins' (with library enabled) I just get the weird stream names e.g B000DW3PSTREAMING....

I'm not sure why this is unfortunately, I haven't looked at it yet!
Hiya,

Really like the plugin. I've been using it alongside the BBCPodradio Plugin so I can listen to music as well as watch video.

Do you know if it is likely that music will also be built into this plugin (i.e. listen live to shows like Radio 1 and also listen again)?

Thanks!
I’m like to honestly say a big thank you to johnsto! The iPlayer plugin is fantastic and my sister, mother and uncle all use it! So it’s quite popular in my family! The only issue I’ve run across is on my Xbox XBMC crashes after the end of a show, now granted it’s easy enough to stop the program before the show is over, I sometimes forget! But part from that it’s great. (Oddly the log file just stops after the show (presuming the logger crashes along with XBMC)
I still need help. I have now got to the point where I get the list of iplayer programs but when I sellect one I just Get the round loading symbol (top right) and nothing happens.
Should the program play instantly?. Thanks
coastal Wrote:I get the same,
London, UK.

Do you both have the latest t3ch build and the svn release (not the newest dated build as they are different - svn filename never has a date on it) of iplayer from johnstos google code page?

Derbyshire UK :-)
sipart Wrote:Do you both have the latest t3ch build and the svn release (not the newest dated build as they are different - svn filename never has a date on it) of iplayer from johnstos google code page?

Derbyshire UK :-)

Sipart you were right I wasnt using

XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2
ditto.
thanks.

/wishes I had the good habit of grabbing latest build before posting.
gavjbrown Wrote:I still need help. I have now got to the point where I get the list of iplayer programs but when I select one I just Get the round loading symbol (top right) and nothing happens.
Should the program play instantly?. Thanks

Much the same problem here.

Have installed XBMC-SVN_2008-10-06_rev15805-T3CH-BETA2 and the "SVN release (zip)" of iplayer for XBMC and when you click to watch whatever program I just get the little loading thing in the corner come up then disappear and no video plays. I have also tried the xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200810162049.zip and this does the same. Both above zip files where from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/ . I have checked the log and am getting:

Code:
17:35:08 M: 41160704  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rtmp://cp41752.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp41752.edgefcs.net&auth=daEd0aJbkdqd5aXaxdndPcddjbBdSdRabdh-bi.2g2-cCp-DnqEAqCqMBwEqzF&aifp=v001&slist=secure/b000dzzsqstreaming94756563
17:35:08 M: 41160704 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:35:08 M: 40636416  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:35:28 M: 39960576   ERROR: RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::Connect, failed to connect. file: rtmp://cp41752.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp41752.edgefcs.net&auth=daEd0aJbkdqd5aXaxdndPcddjbBdSdRabdh-bi.2g2-cCp-DnqEAqCqMBwEqzF&aifp=v001&slist=secure/b000dzzsqstreaming94756563
17:35:28 M: 39960576   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://cp41752.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp41752.edgefcs.net&auth=daEd0aJbkdqd5aXaxdndPcddjbBdSdRabdh-bi.2g2-cCp-DnqEAqCqMBwEqzF&aifp=v001&slist=secure/b000dzzsqstreaming94756563]
17:35:28 M: 39960576  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
17:35:28 M: 39960576  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
17:35:28 M: 39960576   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [rtmp://cp41752.edgefcs.net:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp41752.edgefcs.net&auth=daEd0aJbkdqd5aXaxdndPcddjbBdSdRabdh-bi.2g2-cCp-DnqEAqCqMBwEqzF&aifp=v001&slist=secure/b000dzzsqstreaming94756563]
17:35:28 M: 41029632  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
17:35:28 M: 41029632 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:35:28 M: 41029632  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
17:35:28 M: 41029632  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have previously had some really old versions of the iplayer installed on the same xbox, there is no old settings that may still be present that may be causing the problem?

Is yours working now gavjbrown?
johnsto Wrote:I'm not sure why this is unfortunately, I haven't looked at it yet!

Is it cos you're using the plugin in library mode? If you turn library mode off then you get the program names rather than the b675765streaming ...etc
I cant get this to work at all on XBMC for xbox - clean installed T3CH 10/6, the svn version of iplayer and xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200810162049.zip tested

debug log - http://pastebin.com/m53aab346
RenZ0R Wrote:I cant get this to work at all on XBMC for xbox - clean installed T3CH 10/6, the svn version of iplayer and xbmc-iplayer-plugin-200810162049.zip tested

You didn't install the plugin correctly. Make sure you extract ALL the files in the .zip, including directories. Your /plugins/video/iplayer/ directory should have several folders in it such as 'lib' and 'resources' if installed correctly.
johnsto Wrote:You didn't install the plugin correctly. Make sure you extract ALL the files in the .zip, including directories. Your /plugins/video/iplayer/ directory should have several folders in it such as 'lib' and 'resources' if installed correctly.

there all in there, just double checked em manually to make sure, it pops up saying loading directory then just returns to the home screen

--

edit, Ive just added it as a separate plugin via "add source" instead of going though the plugin directory, not its telling me it cant connect to network share ?
RenZ0R Wrote:edit, Ive just added it as a separate plugin via "add source" instead of going though the plugin directory, not its telling me it cant connect to network share ?

Can you post a new xbmc.log for this error please.