Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Checking one of the BBC Radio 1 streams, it's using the stereo cook codec. My windows svn build won't play it. A line like this in the debug log
Code:
CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk:554/radio1/mashup.ra?timestamp=1225495057&pid=b00f3xd2&BBC-UID=447981800d062622fc25b8a4f0a0115beab89faeb0e001f4640faaffa5d1fc3c_n&SSO2-UID=
shows the PAPlayer has been selected to play the stream, and it can't load a codec for it. My XBOX build *will* play the radio streams, and I haven't investigated but suspect it's either using mplayer instead of PAPlayer, or PAPlayer has more codecs available.
frosty Wrote:My XBOX build

Hey bud you got a new build of XBMC as there hasn't been any since 06/10
and having the new RTMP fix would be great.
frosty - i think we thinking down the same route. i get the same error message as you, from my appletv xbmc installation. you seem to get it on windows platform, which i find stranger!

it insinuates that the realmedia (audio in this case) codecs arent installed or in use. its interesting that bbc uses the cook codec specifically, and having looked at the wiki pages for xbmc, on the "supported formats/codecs" page it states:

Quote:Supported file/container formats:
RealMedia (Real Video/Audio) RM/RAM/RA/RV/RMVB containers #1

Supported audio codecs:
RealNetworks RealAudio codecs: 1.0 (14.4), 2.0 (28.8), SIPRO, COOK, DNET and ATRAC3

Features available for audio playback:
# Play internet-files/streams from HTTP and MMS (Microsoft Media Streaming Protocol) #1/#11
# Play RealMedia internet steams of HTTP + RTSP/RDT (Real Data Transport Protocol) #1/#11

Notes
#1. Experimental, unfinished, unstable, buggy and/or limited
#11. Exclusive to our MPlayer-based media-player (only available in XBMC for Xbox).

above are the lines affecting playback on the appletv/mac platform, i think... can anyone confirm this? it would help my endless search to try to get the plugin to work!!

regards

jingo_man
@johnsto: Is there a way to display subtitles? I mean, is it possible your plugin can show them in the future?
Thanks for your great work on this.
The PAPlayer stuff I can sort out in the plugin, as a solution for now until XBMC behaves the same on all platforms anyway.

That is, I would sort out if my laptop worked, might have to wait until next week before I can implement the workaround.

juanpa74 Wrote:@johnsto: Is there a way to display subtitles? I mean, is it possible your plugin can show them in the future?
Thanks for your great work on this.

In theory, yes, and it's something I'm definitely looking at. I'm not sure how XBMC works when it comes to subtitles for streaming media - usually it looks for a subtitles file in the same directory with the same filename (minus extension) as the media it's playing, which obviously doesn't really work when given an external URL, but maybe there's allowance for that somewhere.
sorry, johnsto, was the first comment a reply to the request for subtitle support, or the issues myself and others are seeing regarding the appletv not playing rtsp streams? the 2nd is obviously regarding subtitles...

jingo_man
jingo_man Wrote:sorry, johnsto, was the first comment a reply to the request for subtitle support, or the issues myself and others are seeing regarding the appletv not playing rtsp streams?

The first part is about radio support on non-XBOX platforms not working.
spiderlane Wrote:Hi.

I didn't actually have to add a new source. I simply went to the video plugins sections straight from the root and "iplayer" appeared.

Does that work for you?

Thanks for your reply Spiderlane, unfortunately iPlayer doesn't appear for me.

Which folder did you Copy the zip's contents to?

I placed it in a folder called 'iplayer' in the video plugins directory: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/plugins/video/iplayer
I anybody else finding that XBMC crashes when a video stream finishes or you press the stop button during the video stream? The video stops and it continually loops the last 0.5seconds of the audio.

I am Vista x64 if it matters.

I shall replicate the issue and post a log shortly - I am just about to install the latest build.
I replicated the problem and here is the log.

I am on the SVN build of this plugin (but it also happens to the other releases): http://pastebin.com/m5b881eac

EDIT:

Also - has anyone found a way around the fact that you have to be in non-Library-Mode to be able to read the titles? As I use library mode and it's annoying having to switch just to use the plugin.
This plugin works excellently on my xbox xbmc.
Is there any chance of a search function being built into the plugin?
Euhm... where can I get this plugin?

Can people outside the UK also use this?
anandus Wrote:Euhm... where can I get this plugin?

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/

anandus Wrote:Can people outside the UK also use this?

You will need a UK proxy I believe.
search function would be great.
dxg836 Wrote:This plugin works excellently on my xbox xbmc.
Is there any chance of a search function being built into the plugin?

Unfortunately the iPlayer site doesn't have RSS feeds for search results, which would make adding such a feature really easy. I was assured they would have RSS feeds for search results, but this has yet to materialise.

When they do add this, I'll add search support. I might add a workaround (screen scraping, urgh) but that depends on my available time.