Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange Popup box while playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While watching stuff using kodi 16.0 or 16.1 a popup box appears in the bottom right of the screen
the box contains a tv show name season number and ep number.
it will only show the box once per file as far as I can tell.the box appears around half way though what im watching. ie ten mins into a 20 min ep.

I will try and take a photo next time it happens and post a link to it here. if that is ok?
Somebody else has mentioned this being part of the "next up" add-on that auto plays the next unwatched episode in your library but I haven't seen this as being confirmed yet.
(2016-04-24, 15:03)Matto77 Wrote: [ -> ]While watching stuff using kodi 16.0 or 16.1 a popup box appears in the bottom right of the screen
the box contains a tv show name season number and ep number, the tv shows displayed are in my collection I think.
it will only show the box once per ep/movie as far as I can tell.the box appears around half way though what im watching. ie ten mins into a 20 min ep.

I will try and take a photo next time it happens and post a link to it here. if that is ok?

It's happening right at the 10 minute mark, right?
It is the Nextup Service Notification add-on Dangelus mentioned.

Go into your service addons, bring up the context menu for Nextup Service Notification -> Configure -> Now scroll down and uncheck "Display random unwatched notification".
Save settings.

For some reason it enabled itself. Perhaps in the last add-on update.
I had the same issue and this was what fixed it.
Thanks for the reply Dangelus and Wheresthebeef, I will try unchecking "Display random unwatched notification" and see what happens , if that does not work I will try disabling the "next up" add-on and see what happens.

It seams strange to me that such a function would be turned on by default...
Unchecking "Display random unwatched notification" did the trick thanks heaps Wheresthebeef.