Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NextPVR won't talk to NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the guides and have everything set up pretty well right now. Only problem is that NextPVR plays TS files just fine and in Kodi they seems to go out of A/V sync (until stopped and restarted).

I've got a PC and Laptop all setup with MySQL sharing for Kodi and hooked up to NextPVR. Live TV works fine streaming to the laptop through Kodi (but the prerecorded shows have A/V sync issue).

How do I set up NextPVR on the laptop and have it talk to NextPVR on the desktop (which is already serving Kodi on the laptop)?

I installed NextPVR on the laptop and tried to set it up as a client, but it was unable to access a database?
Install/enable the NextPVR add-on in Kodi, you don't need to install NextPVR on the laptop.
(2016-04-26, 19:28)higginss Wrote: [ -> ]Install/enable the NextPVR add-on in Kodi, you don't need to install NextPVR on the laptop.

RTFP. Thanks. I know that. Undecided

I want to run NextPVR on the laptop and connect it to NextPVR on the desktop. In Kodi the A/V go out of sync, but in NextPVR this does not happen. Live TV works fine, but the issue happens when playing recorded .TS files. This does NOT happen in NextPVR. Thus I want to use NEXT PVR NOT KODI

I know it is possible to install NextPVR and set it as a client (which I've done on the laptop) and I know from there it is possible to access Server NextPVR on the other computer (which is the entire point of including a "act as client" checkbox in the settings)

If your input is "use Kodi" don't respond.
If you have legitimate advice on how to get NextPVR in client mode to communicate with NextPVR on the server, your input is greatly appreciated.
(2016-04-26, 21:09)opinionatedrone Wrote: [ -> ]I want to run NextPVR on the laptop and connect it to NextPVR on the desktop. In Kodi the A/V go out of sync, but in NextPVR this does not happen. Live TV works fine, but the issue happens when playing recorded .TS files. This does NOT happen in NextPVR. Thus I want to use NEXT PVR NOT KODI

I know it is possible to install NextPVR and set it as a client (which I've done on the laptop) and I know from there it is possible to access Server NextPVR on the other computer (which is the entire point of including a "act as client" checkbox in the settings)
You'd be better off asking the question on the NextPVR forums. If you're getting an error saying it can access your database though, then it sounds like the database share name you've specified isn't correct. ie, if you've specified \\servername\sharename\, then it's looking for \\servername\sharename\npvr.db3. If it can't see this file, then you'll get this error message. As mentioned, probably best to follow this up on the NextPVR forums.
Is this npvr.db3 file on a share that I should be able to see through windows file sharing?

I'm assuming its because the db isn't shared properly and I am at a loss as to where to find it / how to do it
(2016-04-26, 22:02)opinionatedrone Wrote: [ -> ]Is this npvr.db3 file on a share that I should be able to see through windows file sharing?

I'm assuming its because the db isn't shared properly and I am at a loss as to where to find it / how to do it
We'll continue the discussion on the NextPVR forums.