Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade to 16.1 broke Android remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated my Kodibuntu to 16.1 and after that my Kodi remote on my Android phone doesn't work any more. More specifically it's the four arrow buttons on the remote that have no effect. All other buttons work and there's a visual feedback on the phone when the arrow buttons are pressed but nothing more happens. Tried to restart both devices - no change. I can still use the arrow buttons on the remote on the web interface.
Which remote? Kore? Yatse? One of the others?
(2016-04-30, 02:06)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Which remote? Kore? Yatse? One of the others?

Kore, version 2.0.0
I don't think something has changed in this regard as I have tested Kore on Kodi 15.2, 16.1 and Kodi 17 Alpha without any issues based on LibreELEC, Kubuntu and Ubuntu minimal server on Intel Haswell, RPi and an old Intel Celeron machine. And everything works like expected.

Maybe you need to re-install the app again.

And ofc Kore 2.0

Well...I haven't tested for Kodibuntu, but I highly guess that's not OS related because Kore connects to Kodi and not to the OS. Maybe Kore doesn't work properly on your phone with version 2.0?! Please also try Yatse before you say a Kodi problem...maybe it's a problem with Kore on your phone.
I found the Advanced configuration page in Kore and there when I disabled the Use EventServer option then the arrow buttons started to work again.

Strange
Event logging is enabled for me and everything is working fine...

LibreELEC 7.0 Kodi Jarvis 16.1