Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Database Cleaner add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Ah, those buttons in the screenshot look the same as they do under Windows, however they render correctly in Linux Ubuntu. I'm not sure why this happens but most of that dialog is built on the fly by calling inbuilt routines to add the text and buttons. Only the actual title and background are done with a skin.xml file.

As to the amount of paths displayed, I can't get to my dev machine at the moment to check the code but I probably implemented a limit on the amount of paths to be added in the window. As far as I know, DBC should play nicely with Krypton, but I do need to check what database changes have been implemented in case they impact upon anything its doing.

Graphically, it could definitely look better ! Truncated text and overlapping too - clearly this is an area I need to re-visit!!
I might be able to help you clean up that skin XML a bit. Let me take a look once the current drama calms down.
(2016-10-03, 22:13)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]I might be able to help you clean up that skin XML a bit. Let me take a look once the current drama calms down.

Cheers, thanks very much for the offer, it's much appreciated Nod

No rush, just when you have some free time without any drama Wink
(2016-10-03, 21:10)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, those buttons in the screenshot look the same as they do under Windows, however they render correctly in Linux Ubuntu. I'm not sure why this happens but most of that dialog is built on the fly by calling inbuilt routines to add the text and buttons. Only the actual title and background are done with a skin.xml file.

As to the amount of paths displayed, I can't get to my dev machine at the moment to check the code but I probably implemented a limit on the amount of paths to be added in the window. As far as I know, DBC should play nicely with Krypton, but I do need to check what database changes have been implemented in case they impact upon anything its doing.

Graphically, it could definitely look better ! Truncated text and overlapping too - clearly this is an area I need to re-visit!!

I can help out slightly with the size and alignment issues.

Starting at line 54, the following changes
Code:
        self.strActionInfo = xbmcgui.ControlLabel(150, 120, 950, 200, '', 'font18', '0xFFFF00FF')
        self.addControl(self.strActionInfo)
        self.strActionInfo.setLabel('Keeping data scanned from the following paths')
        self.mylist = xbmcgui.ControlList(100, 150, 950, 670)

will change the output to

the following changes starting at line 126
Code:
            self.strActionInfo = xbmcgui.ControlLabel (150, 800, 150, 30, '', 'font18', '0xFFFF0000')
            self.addControl(self.strActionInfo)
            self.strActionInfo.setLabel('WARNING')
            self.strActionInfo = xbmcgui.ControlLabel (300, 800, 1200, 30, '', 'font13', '0xFFFFFFFF')

will result in the following output change.

After I made the top change and was able to see all the sources, it looks like you are keeping multiple copies of the same sources if they exist in multiple bookmark sources. Is this causing a performance issue or maybe making more work than needed?

I don't know Python so I can't help out with why the buttons aren't working.
This is how my current dev version looks (This is running on Kodi 16.1 on Ubuntu).

I'll update this post later with a screenshot of how it looks on my Laptop (again Kodi v16.1 but Win 10)

Looking at the code for the version running above, I can clearly see that screen presentation has been something I was going to address, as there is code in there to get the screen width and find the centre. Possibly my maths was having an off-day that day, as having got a centre point, I don't use it for calculating the offsets for the text although the code is written to use offsets.

I will have to get back to this and try and figure out a better cross-platform display solution. Hopefully Kib will be able to give me some pointers. I have half an idea about how to improve it, but it would necessitate writing a whole new skin for the window (limited skill-set here to do that !!) and re-writing the output routine accordingly. I think it's do-able but it may take me some time to get right !!!

About your point of keeping multiple sources.

The add-on can operate two ways, it can either completely ignore your sources.xml file and just delete any references to http://, rtmp(e):// and plugin:// which removes pretty much all streaming links, or it can use the sources.xml file and ignore any paths found within it and delete everything else. If you have the same path defined more than once in your sources.xml then it'll list it however many times it's defined. Your screenshot would appear to suggest that some of your Kids stuff is in there twice.

About bookmarks!

The add-on has a setting to exclude any files with bookmarks set. I'm probably going to remove this at some point as BatterPudding & I appear to have lost contact and he wrote most of the SQL stuff. In the original version bookmarks worked fine, but as the SQL has necessarily expanded as DBC evolved, we (I) came to a point where it just trips up the add-on and although I spent some time trying to correct it I was unable to at the time. Probably I'll revisit it though before I remove it and see if I can figure it out.

Finally, there was an issue a few posts back with paths with ' in them - Imagine, people naming paths correctly !! That's been fixed and there is a link to dropbox with an updated version as I can't push it out through the repo Sad Whether or not this also addresses any of your issues I'm not 100% sure, but it does include things like notifications on start-up, progress box if there is a lot to remove, re-naming of a path in the database and removal of a specific path in the database (both of those last options are one shot deals and should be used with caution!!!).

The dropbox version should be 0.5.6 and should install from zip and update as normal.
The dropbox version is still currently script.database.cleaner-0.5.4-1.zip
(2016-10-04, 07:11)Pasado Wrote: [ -> ]The dropbox version is still currently script.database.cleaner-0.5.4-1.zip

Ah, so it is Blush

That's because I pulled off the repo version and patched that to ensure it was all stable code. I'll do some checks on my current code and get it on there as soon as I'm happy it won't cause anyone any issues.
@black_eagle any idea when you will be adding the 0.5.6 version to dropbox?
(2016-10-12, 16:33)Pasado Wrote: [ -> ]@black_eagle any idea when you will be adding the 0.5.6 version to dropbox?

Hopefully by the weekend, but I have an eye infection at the moment and can't spend too long looking at monitors (or tv come to that) Sad
(2016-10-12, 17:16)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-12, 16:33)Pasado Wrote: [ -> ]@black_eagle any idea when you will be adding the 0.5.6 version to dropbox?

Hopefully by the weekend, but I have an eye infection at the moment and can't spend too long looking at monitors (or tv come to that) Sad

Ok bud, hope it heals up soon.
Thanks, is there a changelog? That version is for krypton too?

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
Yep, there is a changelog in the zip file Veronica. I'm not 100% certain that it is Krypton compatible, but I believe it to be at this point. When Krypton is out of beta then I'll make sure that the add-on is fully compatible.

Having said that, I've run it on Krypton with no issues.

If anyone does have an issue with Krypton and the addon then if they report it here, I'll look into it Smile
Great, ill test later. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!
Cheers matey it all seems to be working as it should here using latest krypton nightly Nod
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39