Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Database Cleaner add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(2021-05-13, 17:31)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I was able to get it working, with the help of @ronie  in the developers forums!

We now have a working Database Cleaner, in Kodi 19 Matrix   Big Grin

My github fork is located:
https://github.com/klyco/script.database.cleaner

Thanks @black_eagle for the addon - it is brilliant, I was honored to update it.

Great work mate !!

Downloading now
(2021-05-13, 17:31)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]We now have a working Database Cleaner, in Kodi 19 Matrix

I've updated this thread's opening post accordingly.
(2021-05-13, 17:31)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @black_eagle for the addon - it is brilliant, I was honored to update it.

Not at all, thank you for forking it and updating it for Matrix.  Looks like a job well done! Big Grin
Just updated the code a little more, as the latest Matrix 9.1 threw errors.  It works again now, so if you update to the latest Kodi, you'll need to re download and install the latest 1.0.1 

Let me know if you have any problems with the add-on and I'll see what I can do.
(2021-05-15, 22:01)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated the code a little more, as the latest Matrix 9.1 threw errors.  It works again now, so if you update to the latest Kodi, you'll need to re download and install the latest 1.0.1 

Let me know if you have any problems with the add-on and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for this fork.   Was wondering why it doesn't have an icon.  I'm displaying program addons on home page widget as 'squares', but this has only a generic kodi open box icon.
(2021-05-14, 04:51)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-13, 17:31)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I was able to get it working, with the help of @ronie  in the developers forums!

Thanks @black_eagle for the addon - it is brilliant, I was honored to update it.

Great work mate !!

Downloading now

Hello, thanks for this. I wanted to install it, but can't figure it out. I've added the file location https://github.com/klyco/script.database.cleaner and then I go to install repo from zip file and it's empty. How do I actually install this addon?

Sorry for the basic incompetence.
(2021-05-16, 18:27)themindset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-14, 04:51)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]

Great work mate !!

Downloading now

Hello, thanks for this. I wanted to install it, but can't figure it out. I've added the file location https://github.com/klyco/script.database.cleaner and then I go to install repo from zip file and it's empty. How do I actually install this addon?

Hello, I figured it out. So if anyone is wondering, you click the green code, then you click download zip, then you put that zip file somewhere your kodi installation can find it (whether local or network directory) and then install from zip and browse to it.
(2021-05-16, 18:38)themindset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-14, 04:51)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]Great work mate !!

Downloading now

Hello, I figured it out. So if anyone is wondering, you click the green code, then you click download zip, then you put that zip file somewhere your kodi installation can find it (whether local or network directory) and then install from zip and browse to it.

Glad you got it mate
(2021-05-16, 18:38)themindset Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-14, 04:51)MAX404 Wrote: [ -> ]Great work mate !!

Downloading now

Sorry for the delay, I'm glad you figured it out.
(2021-05-16, 00:37)Mahava Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-15, 22:01)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Just updated the code a little more, as the latest Matrix 9.1 threw errors.  It works again now, so if you update to the latest Kodi, you'll need to re download and install the latest 1.0.1 

Thanks for this fork.   Was wondering why it doesn't have an icon.  I'm displaying program addons on home page widget as 'squares', but this has only a generic kodi open box icon.
Hey!  Hmm... I'm not sure, it looks fine on my install.  It may be a file type issue, I'll look into that.  Thanks!
(2021-05-15, 16:18)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-13, 17:31)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @black_eagle for the addon - it is brilliant, I was honored to update it.

Not at all, thank you for forking it and updating it for Matrix.  Looks like a job well done! Big Grin
Lol, we may have both spoken too soon.

After a bunch of testing, it seems like the addon leaves some leftover entries in the Db, so it is not completing correctly:

WARNING <general>: Process directory '/storage/videos/TvShows/The Haunting  (2018)/' does not exist - skipping scan.

It may have to do with the new data structure of the new 119 database, I'll have to dig further to see if I can identify if any tables changed etc.

Ken
I think it's more likely to be the logic that builds the paths to remove, rather than any changes to the db.  It has never been perfect but was adequate enough for most use cases.  It's something I have been aware of for a while and always intended on trying to address......Time though has not been on my side......
(2021-05-16, 21:59)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, we may have both spoken too soon.

Just a couple of observations:

- If you fork source code, please update the source's header with version info and add your developer name.
- MIN_VIDEODB_VERSION = 35 should be set to 119 as well, as it is now a Python-3+ tool.
- MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119 # i.e. Leia, aka Kodi 18
Documentation in source code is very appreciated (better too much than too little), but it needs to be correct. => # i.e. Matrix, aka Kodi 19
(2021-05-17, 09:08)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's more likely to be the logic that builds the paths to remove, rather than any changes to the db.  It has never been perfect but was adequate enough for most use cases.  It's something I have been aware of for a while and always intended on trying to address......Time though has not been on my side......

It may be that indeed, I'll look into it.  It identifies the paths to delete no worries, but then fails to delete them.

Work in Progress..., I will change the addon version back to BETA.
(2021-05-17, 10:02)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-05-16, 21:59)kenmills Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, we may have both spoken too soon.

Just a couple of observations:

- If you fork source code, please update the source's header with version info and add your developer name.
- MIN_VIDEODB_VERSION = 35 should be set to 119 as well, as it is now a Python-3+ tool.
- MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119 # i.e. Leia, aka Kodi 18
Documentation in source code is very appreciated (better too much than too little), but it needs to be correct. => # i.e. Matrix, aka Kodi 19
Many thanks for the guidance!  This is my first fork or foray into development.  I have updated the addon header and made the appropriate changes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39