Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installed Fire Stick not working when travelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help please. Sorry if this thread has been covered already. I have installed another Fire Stick with Kodi Jarvis, having already successfully installed 2 for myself which work without problems! However, I have just installed one for a family member, which again works fine at my house, but when connected to the wifi and tv at the family members house, none of the addons will stream. Wifi speed appear to be fine 37Mb, on BT Infiniti (same as I am running to install the fire stick). I have checked again by unplugging and testing again at home, and all works fine. Am I missing something simpleHuh Please help..
Welcome to the forums.

Your comment "none of the addons will stream" will raise suspicions without some more information. What addons are these, and what are your sources - direct from Internet sources like iPlayer and YouTube, from files on your home server, or somewhere else?

You'll notice long debates on this forum about piracy and dubious addons that aren't part of official Kodi, so be aware of those: banned_add-on (wiki). If all is clear and you're not doing anything untoward, then a debug_log (wiki) would tell us more.
Thanks for the reply Prof. I am currently checking the home hub manager, as it would appear that the issue is with the broadband provider. Thanks for the links to the banned addons too. I will check through with BT and be back if not resolved. Thanks for the swift response too!
Danny were you certain the device did connect to your relative's internet? I would try to forget their internet and reconnect again.

The fact that it works at your place tell me the problem is with their interet connection.

Darc Man