Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have this strange problem with xbmc, i have tried this with old xbmc builds and the latest as well. the problem is that couple of movies are not watchable with xbmc, but both movies work with linux mplayer. the strange part is that, if i cut a minute sequence from those films with virtualdub without any processing, only clean direct stream copy and then try to play them with xbmc, it works fine, but if i try to play the whole movie, xbmc crashes after about a minute or the film is very choppy and unwatchable.
one of these films is encoded with divx3 low motion, if i play this with mplayer it says that
badly interleaved avi file detected - switching to -ni mode...
doesnt xmbc know how to automatically switch to -ni mode ?
another of those films that don't play fine with xbmc is also encoded with divx3 and it has 2channel ac3 sound, but the video bitrate is about 1600. first i thought that this could be too heavy for xbox, but then i tried to play it with linux mplayer with 800mhz thunderbird and works fine, and as i said before if i cut a one minute sequence out of this movie and play it with xbmc it plays without any dropped frames.
should i send you those one minute clips from those movies or what should i do ?