Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OSMC][Vero2] CEC, Cannot remap buttons on lg remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, this is my first thread, I'm unsure if I'm in the right section for this issue, if not plz let me know.
I have a Vero2 device with osmc(debian jessie+kodi - kind of-) and a LG Tv. I want to control kodi via CEC with a logitech harmony on which I mapped the buttons of the Lg Tv remote.
-> LG Remote Type
CEC works, with enabled debugging and tail I determined which buttons work.
I can add a log of pressed buttons when I'm at home. There are buttons called "196" and others like "homepage".
This confuses me, are the buttons with numbers interpreted as keyboard presses and "homepage" button as remote button?
I tried to remap the buttons the easy way with keymap editor addon, this seems to work for all buttons that show in log as some kind of number like 196 or so.
Addon seems to generate a
Code:
gen.xml
file and in there
Code:
<keyboard....<key id="169">...</keyboard>
and so on. also
Code:
<key id="homepage">
..which doesn't seem to work.
So i tried to integrate
Code:
<remote>... <homepage>....</homepage>....</remote>
in the
Code:
gen.xml
. Without sucess.
I also tried to make a seperate
Code:
keyboard.xml
with all "number buttons" like 196, 215 usw.. and a
Code:
remote.xml
with other buttons like homepage. Without sucess.

The "number buttons" are changeable but the buttons called "homepage" "back" "blue" and so on can't be changed! =/
They have a standard action, one is pause another one has pauseplay...but I want to change that too.
Can someone help?