Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu: VGA + update question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am a big fan of Kodi, I installed Kodibuntu asap because i dont like slow crapy windows on it.
i am doing the update as we speak using:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Now its asks me if i wanna update the lsb config, as i am not aware of the changes on this system i kept the old one (default) does this matter?

Now the second question, i am using a vga to hdmi converter. Not the best thing to do, i know.
Anyway the screen seems to connect and disconnect, only on the vga port. works fine on windows so im guessing its the driver.
I hope this update would fix that.

Any suggestions?
Suggest you post some details of your hardware, particularly regarding graphics. Otherwise no one has a clue.
Sorry, its a old Acer Aspire 5100 that i upgraded to 2gig ram
Its X1100 Radeon express is not suitable for kodi - a RPI3 is much better, costs less money and needs less power.
I was thinking that, i upgraded to Jarvis now and it seems better now. You think the Xpress 1100 can not handle the video?
I have som Pi's rev2 here but they have no storage allmost and no dvd player.

Looking at the pi's guide now, im looking for something like Kodibuntu but the pi's system should allready be light, i just hope that kodi is not limitted by the OS.
Also is asked to keep or change the headedtv config during the upgrade.
With your hardware the CPU is doing the video decoding ... if that is suitable to you, then it's fine.
Thanks for the info, i have no SD for a pi around now to try this.

What about the headedtv and lsb-realease config question?, does it matter? what should we choose in the future when upgrading?
This is a note for others as well for me if i forget.

- lsb-release you should replace to keep track of the version of the OS.
- The headedtv config you have to keep because nothing changed but it saves your user.