Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodibuntu: audio gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was watching a movie when the power was cut. the device was started afterwards but when i started the movie there was no audio anymore.
Its a analog audio port, im running Jarvis 16.1.
I tried the setting and reboot multiple times, also turning off input devices but i still come up empty.

Anyone?
No help possible without a Debug Log
Just found out this was a hardware problem. replaced the main board and its running fine again after tweaking the settings again.
There is no sound test button so i turned on the clicking sound to test.
Sounds like your sound hardware was taken out by a power surge when your power got cut. Now's a good time to invest in a surge protector.
No it was taken out by a defect usb port, it shorted.
But after replacing the hardware i got the same problem, I did a audio reset to default and rebooted. Still nothing. i restarted the tv and it was working. weird.
I found how to trigger this, i booted my device now with tv on hdmi. Once booted i have no sound, until i restart the tv.
When my device is allready running and i switch to this hdmi there is no problem.

Does not look like its the tv as this only happens for this device.(http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272717)

Any ideas?, I will try to create a debug log
If no TV is present at boot -> no audio as the handshake does not happen.

You can only force the EDID of the connector or make sure that your TV is on whenever you start the computer.