Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound, but no video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I made an account here just to ask this question because I've exhausted all of the Google solutions..
[/php]
Whenever I try to play any kind of movie or tv show on Kodi the picture never loads. I just hear it playing.
I've tried using the side menu to make it full screen. I've tried exiting kodi and clearing the cache. I've tried going into settings and messing with the acceleration. I've updated Kodi.
What is going on? This has been happening for weeks now and I can't watch anything! I'm losing my mind.

Tia.
That's one indication of slow speed between your box and the source.
Supported hardware (wiki) debug log please
(2016-05-09, 00:30)cd2022 Wrote: [ -> ]That's one indication of slow speed between your box and the source.

Do you know how to remedy that? It's been working fine for a year now, then all of a sudden..

(2016-05-09, 00:44)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Supported hardware (wiki) debug log please

I'm using an android MBox. It's supported !
(2016-05-09, 01:08)iShaybie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-09, 00:30)cd2022 Wrote: [ -> ]That's one indication of slow speed between your box and the source.

Do you know how to remedy that? It's been working fine for a year now, then all of a sudden..

Do you know how to clear cache?

Play a local stored file just to rule out video output issue.

If it's on wifi, try direct connection.
I have just downloaded Kodi Jarvis 16.1 on my Desktop Computer. I get sound but no video.
When I had Isengard everything wokred just great.(I can't get Isengard anymore) Can You Help?
I had a virus on my compurter so I had to redo winows7.I had Isengard and everything worked great.
Now I can't get Isengard so I put Jarvus 16.1 on my Desktop Computer now I get sound but I don't get Video.
Can you help?
Thanks,Wiley N Jackson
Thread moved to Android
So, I cleared the cache (it went as low as 12, that's normal right?)
Then, I played some YouTube videos (not in Kodi), and they played fine.
And I switched my wifi to a direct connection and everything stayed the same.

So out of frustration I deleted the Kodi app and the reinstalled it from the Play store. I was able to watch one episode of a show, but then when I went to play the next one it started doing the same thing. I can hear it playing, but the video won't load. My screen stays at the menu.

Is there a number I can call for assistance or anything?
Yes, I find myself in the same 'loop'. The missing VIDEO issue is driving me loco too! So are the "lockups"... I'm afraid soon they/you will need to lock me up too? I have used Google and YOUTUBE so many times I think they have banned me?

My MXQ 'connects/finds/then starts to play a movie... the AUDIO is just fine and in stereo too ~ but ALAS it also provides a dark grey screen most of the time. Most AUDIO SOURCES (Broadcastify, Music etc) are very good and problem free.

My receiver is a 1GB MXQ and I have cleared my cache (many times) and gone back to 15.1. I deleted the few apps I had installed. Tried XBMC installs (mumbles.. so many assorted ways) and APOLLO too (must add that I DO like the look and feel of APOLLO), HOWEVER, my MXQ continues to 'lock-up' and this almost always requires "a total DC disconnect" to reset things!

I have a "original MXQ backup" from the first day I received, but that gives me the same results.

Even fresh KODI installs with *ALL defaults unchanged* still provides missing video and random freezing still occurs. Sometimes even slight MENU browsing is 'enough' to turn this MXQ to ICE. Speaking of that, my MXQ is in open air (for proper ventilation) and my batteries are fresh too. I've tried different DC supplies and new HDMI cables as well = same.

I have a measured my Internet speed at almost 100/MBs so I am confident "speed" is not the issue. I've tried 'Fresh Start' so many times I think the tool may be worn out? I've done countless 'factory resets and deletes' but *nothing* I've tried cures these problems!

Perhaps my problem is the 1GB limitation of the MXQ? UNDERSTAND...this puppy DOES provide Video ~ "sometimes" AND I am quite confident it is not a 'site' problem because I also own 2 other 2GB boxes that work great 95% of the time ~ and I can live with that.

Maybe if I got my car jumper cables and rubbed them across all of the CPU pins ~ maybe that will bring joy and all the colors I am missing?...

No question, this $32 dollar flogging has cost me *countless* lost days and little joy. I think my USB ports almost groan as I connect and disconnect the flash drives again and again... and yes, I have tried faster chips too for my fixes / apps and zips. I also use FILEZILLA for FTP transfers too to the MXQ... It's not quite a brick yet, but I KNOW ONE smack FROM a brick will fix it for good@!@

SOGLAD
(I am getting this off my chest).
@SOGLAD - I think you should actually read the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned add-ons (wiki).

Your post above mentions at least two of them, and this is almost certainly at least part of your issue, if not your whole issue.

We do not offer support for any box contaminated with such junk, as many are known to cause all sorts of reliability issues, aside from the obvious dubious nature of the illegally sourced materials coming from who knows what crappy file-locker server which may contain absolutely anything.

You get what you pay for, and if you insist on using basically stolen media then you're on your own for any issues or repercussions which may come from doing so.
(2016-05-09, 23:35)iShaybie Wrote: [ -> ]So, I cleared the cache (it went as low as 12, that's normal right?)
Then, I played some YouTube videos (not in Kodi), and they played fine.
And I switched my wifi to a direct connection and everything stayed the same.

So out of frustration I deleted the Kodi app and the reinstalled it from the Play store. I was able to watch one episode of a show, but then when I went to play the next one it started doing the same thing. I can hear it playing, but the video won't load. My screen stays at the menu.

Is there a number I can call for assistance or anything?

What is the source of your content? Are you watching shows on Youtube?