Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not adding new TV Shows after setting up SQL server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just set up MYSQL and everything is working properly between all my kodi boxes.
All of my files are hosted on an NAS server, which is also where the SQL server is located.
One problem that I've run into, is that no new TV Shows are being recognized in my library. Kodi correctly scans them, but they are not available in my TV Shows button. No such problem happens with Movies.
Here's a paste bin of my most recent log, where Kodi scans an episode of Jimmy Kimmel properly, but it remains missing from my TV Shows library.

http://pastebin.com/AXhb2aiU

Thanks in advance for any potential help. I've seen a lot of old problems like this, but nothing worked. This has been driving me crazy all day.
according to the log file that episode didn't exist on ThetvDB.com:
Code:
20:21:23 T:3220   ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://192.168.1.3/Videos/Media/TV Shows/Jimmy Kimmel Live/Season 14/Jimmy Kimmel Live - S14E70 - Russell Crowe, Mike Birbiglia, Dead & Company.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

Since the episode is quite new it is possible it didn't exist when you did the scan. It does now so you could try again. if it still doesn't scrape I am not sure what could be wrong.
Delete your tvshow.nfo for Jimmy Kimmel
Thanks for the tips.

Quote:Since the episode is quite new it is possible it didn't exist when you did the scan. It does now so you could try again. if it still doesn't scrape I am not sure what could be wrong.

I deleted my TV Shows source from Kodi, and re-scanned it today. The episode is still not in TV Shows

Quote:Delete your tvshow.nfo for Jimmy Kimmel

There is no NFO on the NAS next to the episode. Would it be somewhere else?
After messing around a little bit. I've tried adding older episodes, that definitely have info online.
The difference between episodes that show up in TV Shows, is that they have "Episode Information"
The ones that aren't showing up, have a blank "Episode Information"
Are these stored on my machine, on the NAS, or on the internet?
Why isn't Kodi able to find "Episode Information" for these new episodes. What's changed?
Is this only related to Jimmy kimmel? As in do other non-daily shows show up properly?

Because its a daily show shouldnt the date be used in the name? I would have to check when i get home but for the Daily Show, i believe the naming is "2016-05-12 - Nameofperson.mkv" and that works successfully for me

But i also use Sonarr to create NFO's, not letting Kodi scan it for me. But i think Sonarr uses TVDB.....
I'm just noticing that some of my old shows aren't showing up at all. No episodes of modern family are under my "TV Shows"
Episode formatting is correct.
mysql or mariadb? Seems people have had issues with mariadb that required an upgrade
I'm using mysql. I deleted my advancedsettings.xml and the new episodes still aren't scanned. So it's probably not an SQL issue.
Here's a pastebin with maybe some relevant information

The first one is a TV episode that gets scanned and added to the library properly
The second one doesn't.

http://pastebin.com/GkDK2B6h

Does this help get me any closer to a solution?
I rolled back to 15.2
The folders of the shows that weren't appearing show up under TV Shows now, but there are no episodes in them
This is what the file view looks like.

http://imgur.com/ncKk70j

All of the shows with check marks next to them do not show up in the library.
None of these items have been watched. Selecting change status to watched or unwatched does not change the check marks.
Sorry to keep posting. I got rid of the "tvshow" NFO file in all of the folders that weren't being added. Most of them are added to the library now. Modern Family, and Jimmy Kimmel still aren't. No NFO files in those two folders. I deleted everything except for the videos.
in you first log it listed:

20:21:22 T:3220 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: smb://192.168.1.3/Videos/Media/TV Shows/Jimmy Kimmel Live/tvshow.nfo

so double check that.
It's not there anymore. I deleted all the nfo files in the media folder. Jimmy Kimmel is still not being added to the library.
I fixed this problem by deleting all NFO files, and then re-scanning all my media! Thanks all.