Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trouble changing video resolution w/XBMC as dash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi... i built an xbox xbmc implementation for some friends to use as media center, and am installing it during easter break while i am back home visiting.

they have a tv that can do component in, so i have the hdtv video cable pack for them. i had setup the config on my hdtv at home which can do 1080i, and neglected to change the settings before i left. now, when i try and use the hdtv cable, their set, which can only do 480p wont display the video, and i can't reset it in the dashboard since i can't see anything when i have the hdtv cable plugged in.

i can plug in the normal composite cable and use it, but running the ms dash in this config doesn't let me change the hdtv settings!

is there a way to let me override the ms dash video settings from the xbmc config to force 480p mode? or does anyone have another suggestion for me?

thanks
mike
not related to xbmc.
moving to "xbox general".

well you could try to remember the exact steps to get to the video mode menu while you are using the composite cable and try to chnage it blindly while you are using the hdtv cable. thats all i can think of.