Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple Remote Issues - with Fixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are having issues with your Apple Remote with iTunes loaded as well, this is what I do to fix them. Perhaps Kodi developers can look at this:

After a Suspend and Wakeup
If you press play (middle button) to enter a menu and iTunes starts playing, just follow these steps to re-grab the remote.
  • Settings | Input Devices - disable the Apple Remote and enable it again to Standard - this will re-grab the remote back from iTunes
  • Unfortunately, if you set your machine to sleep at night, you have to do this once every day, to re-grab the remote. Perhaps the Kodi developers can look at doing the re-grab upon wake, if Kodi is running.

Remote gets lost completely
Sometimes the remote becomes non-functional, and then doing the same step above of re-grabbing it might work, or try one of the alternative solutions below:
  • Settings | Input Devices - disable the Apple Remote and enable it again to Standard - this will re-initialise and re-grab the remote back from iTunes
  • Quit Kodi and Restart - disable the Apple Remote first in Settings, then quit and restart Kodi, then enable it again to Standard - this will hopefully re-initialise and re-grab the remote back from iTunes
  • Log out and Log back in - if the re-grab via Settings or Quitting doesn't work, then you will have to logout and log back in again. That usually solves it for me. Ensure that iTunes runs first and then run Kodi once iTunes is completely loaded.
  • Reboot - if the logout doesn't work, then I'm afraid a complete reboot will be required. Again ensure Kodi runs last to grab the remote.

Hope that helps some people on a OSX.
Wait...you can run iTunes from Jarvis and use apple remote?
Anyone?
This post refers to a strange issue where itunes launches without notice / unwanted ..

Launching itunes with appleremote from kodi is possible with a custom keymap that runs an applescript - there are lots of examples to adapt on these forums. Quitting itunes with apple remote would not be so easy.

Kodi's music functions are pretty good and it can just scrape your itunes music/podcasts folder in place ..
(2016-05-17, 10:51)Gigantur Wrote: [ -> ]This post refers to a strange issue where itunes launches without notice / unwanted ..

Launching itunes with appleremote from kodi is possible with a custom keymap that runs an applescript - there are lots of examples to adapt on these forums. Quitting itunes with apple remote would not be so easy.

Kodi's music functions are pretty good and it can just scrape your itunes music/podcasts folder in place ..
Thanks. I get it. I have scraped my music library into kodi, but I couldn't seem to alter the rating while playing, that's a must.