Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Server/pvr.WMC with LibreELEC 8.0(Krypton) testbuild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
first of all many thx for your addon!
Actually i am using it under LibreELEC 8.0 milhouse testbuild (Kodi krypton) and nearly everything works fine.
One thing i cant handle is Dolby Digital 5.1 (ac3 5.1) in live tv with passthrough via Onkyo AV and AMD HDMI.
Every audio format works well with my system and the audio settings i have - but 5.1 with live tv doesnt work.
If i record a program with 5.1 and play the video everything works like a charm....

Maybe someone could have a look at my log and give me some advice (maybe some settings under serverwmc will do the job??)

Many thx in advance
Olli

log
Post the serverwmc log after trying to play a live stream that has the incorrect audio setting.
thx for quick reply, krusty!!

hereĀ“s the serverwmc-log---->pastebin
I was thinking that swmc was picking the wrong audio track, but in the case you posted it is muxing this audio stream to the output:

2016/05/12 21:25:46.150 > Audio: ID:83 (deu) ac3 5.1 48000 Hz 384 kb/s

so that looks fine. Do you hear audio, but its not 6 channel? Or do you not hear audio at all?

For an experiment, go to the debug tab in swmc and uncheck 'delete temporary files' then play a live stream with 5.1 audio. Then in your recorded tv folder, open the folder 'tempswmc' and find the .ts file there. Play this file with kodi (or any other player) and see if you get 5.1 audio.
thats the curious thing - kodi also shows (while playing a 5.1 live program) in audio settings the correct ac3 5.1 ger - stream, but i only get a "normal" stereo output.....(so i hear audio, but only 2 channel) - all other files (recordings, streams etc.) dont show this behaviour!
tomorrow, i'll give your "experiment" a try and report my experience.

until then, many thanks
olli
Yes, my guess is you won't be able to get 5.1 when you play the ts file in kodi. But at least then you'll have something to test with. If you make the file small enough I could download it and test it on my 5.1 system, but I don't use passthrough.
Test with 5.1 .ts file from tempswmc folder has been successfully completed - Onkyo AV shows the correct Dolby Digital 5.1 output!!!
Dont have this problems with OpenELEC 6.0.3 - so it seems, that something changed with the LE 8.0 testbuilds...?!
Maybe i'll have to describe this case in the milhouse thread...
Sound good. Good luck.