Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot Install - No such file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone
Downloaded kodi-16.1-Jarvis-x86_64.dmg and CMD O to launch. Got this error:

Warning
The following disk images couldn't be opened
kodi-16.1-Jarvis-x86_64.dmg
Reason
No such file or directory

Yes I have turned off gatekeeper:

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General
Allow apps downloaded from:
Anywhere

File details are as follows:
Kind: Disk Image
Size: 68,666,613 bytes (68.7 MB on disk)
Locked: un-ticked
Open With: DiskImageMounter (default)

Details about my system:

OS X: El Capitan 10.11.4
Model: Mac Mini (mid 2011)
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB

A little help please
It appears that you did not follow the instructions-
HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Mac (wiki)
Quote:It appears that you did not follow the instructions-
HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Mac (wiki)

Nope I followed those directions. I can't even run the installer
well its no installer - you need to double click the downloaded dmg file and then drag kodi in the application folder. not sure what cmd+o does on that dmg file ...
Quote:well its no installer - you need to double click the downloaded dmg file and then drag kodi in the application folder. not sure what cmd+o does on that dmg file ...
Command+O is the same as right-clicking and selecting OPEN. Doing this bypasses any warning from the OS about opening a file from the internet. It would also have the same effect as double-clicking on the disk image to open the contents after disabling Gatekeeper.

To be clear, I never get past the error, I never get an open disc image from which I can drag KODI into the applications folder
WORKAROUND FOUND!
OK So I found a work around.

I downloaded the DMG file on another mac that has Yosemite and opened it there. I then dragged the Kodi app to the desktop of computer where I originally could not open the DMG. After than, I moved it to the Applications folder where it seems to run fine.

I don't know for sure, but this may be an issue with El Capitan.

I've solved it but only because I have more than one Mac. This needs to be investigated by the devs, because this would suck if I only had a single mac runing El Cap.
no this is not el captian issue - i have no problem to open the dmg and drag the app to the applications folder on 2 macs running latest el capitan. Just to make it clear - you didn't press cmd+o on the dmg right? cause that would make no sense. (you don't want to run the dmg - you want to double click it and get the app inside).
(2016-05-15, 04:02)mrkenallen Wrote: [ -> ]WORKAROUND FOUND!
OK So I found a work around.

I downloaded the DMG file on another mac that has Yosemite and opened it there. I then dragged the Kodi app to the desktop of computer where I originally could not open the DMG. After than, I moved it to the Applications folder where it seems to run fine.

I don't know for sure, but this may be an issue with El Capitan.

I've solved it but only because I have more than one Mac. This needs to be investigated by the devs, because this would suck if I only had a single mac runing El Cap.

My Mac does the same thing. I put a new SSD in a newer Mac (Mid 2011 21½")and did a Time Machine back up. After reinstalling El Capitan and downloading Kodi 16.1 for OS X, I went through the gatekeeper issue and it just won't load up. When I click on the Kodi App, it does nothing. Anybody having similar experiences?My previous Mac was a mid 2007, 20". It still works and launches Kodi fine.
I have Jarvis installed with El Capitan with no issues at all.
The SSD is brand new and all programs and apps were transferred over to the new Mac. I do have the old Mac which still works with all the same files but it is four years older. I tried transferring the working Kodi program from the old to the new through file transfer but it did no good and still won't open. The contextual menu comes up warning me but when I click on open, nothing happens even after changing gatekeeper. Both Macs are up to date and using El Capitan 10.11.5
At this point, I have no solution and so the only option I can think of is to run Windows on a new partition of the hard drive. The question there will be which version? Not real sure what to do now exactly. I just wonder if it's a new Apple software limitation since they are all about trying to keep their revenue in selling content?
(2016-06-05, 18:49)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]I have Jarvis installed with El Capitan with no issues at all.

What year is your iMac?
I see you have a Mac mini, what year is it.
(2016-06-06, 15:58)Tierry Wrote: [ -> ]I see you have a Mac mini, what year is it.

The Mini is a 5,2 (mid-2011), but I'm running Jarvis and El Capitan on a MacPro (early-2008). Not really sure the model makes a difference though. Have you tried completely deleting you Kodi install (app as well as data folder ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi) and reinstall with Gatekeeper set to allow all apps? This is just a shot in the dark, but it's what I would try first.
Oh yes, I've done that over and over again. I'm at my wit's end. I'm contemplating starting all over again and erasing everything. Everything else works fine, why not Kodi? I currently have two iMacs now with the same data. I wonder if that could be the cause of my problems? I've run out of excuses.
Pages: 1 2