Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug report - Kodi won't work with windows shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to setup my raspberry pi 3 with kodi.

All my files are on a shared drive on my main PC, which I am able to access without any issue on every windows machine on my local network.

I've connected the raspberry pi to my network, and try to setup a library to my shared drive, but it won't work.

No matter what, I keep getting a connection timed out error.

Without the ability to access windows shares, this software is pretty useless to me. Are there any plans to fix this bug soon?

I've checked help documentation, and have made requested registry changes, but this still doesn't work, and as far as I can see is a broken feature in this software that is in need of a fix.

Not sure why all these struggles, but it seems it works only by ip address, and doesn't like wifi even when it's in the same room and right next to my router. Would be nice if the software did a better job of holding a connection.
It's quite frustrating how much the software gets stuck and loses it's connection to my shares when on wifi.
Also....would be nice if by default it displayed properly on my screen instead of stretching to beyond my screen not allowing me to properly see the left menu.
SMB connections work fine for most folks, so there isn't a bug to fix, we just need to help you troubleshoot your issue (well, issues since you also mentioned the display oddity). For smb, are you able to connect to the Windows machine via SMB from the Pi at the command line. If not, then the issue isn't Kodi. There's a network issue to deal with. Let's start there.

As for the display bug, could you share a few more details?