Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dolby Digital on Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone set me straight on Dolby Digital on 1st Gen AFTV. I tried hooking up my optical cable to my FTV last night and did not get an AC3 light on my receiver. I've read a bunch of threads that says it's not supported on AFTV. Is this correct? When I plugged the optical into my Tivo and selected an HBO movie I got the AC3 light and 5.1 audio (specifically center channel which is an indicator of true DD to me)

I've had xbmc since Gotham and have been very happy with it. I never had any desire for DD but I do have a simple 5.1 setup in my family room. So I finally got around to trying it and it didn't work. Is it not supported?

If it is supported on other hardware is there a recommendation on what I could use that does support DD?

Thanks,

Roveer
Try with SPMC (wiki).
(2016-05-15, 04:54)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Try with SPMC (wiki).

Tried SPMC still no joy. Nothing coming out on DD. Looked at the settings carefully. For that matter I can't get DD on anything with the FTV. Even Amazon Prime with DD+ turned one doesn't seem to put out a DD signal.

Roveer
Try selecting dolby thru optical, instead of auto - under aftv sound settings and reboot. You have to change settings inside kodi also.

Sent from my Nexus 7
(2016-05-18, 03:29)mrkalpakkam Wrote: [ -> ]Try selecting dolby thru optical, instead of auto - under aftv sound settings and reboot. You have to change settings inside kodi also.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I believe I tried that. I just realized I have so few 5.1 DD movies it's probably not worth the trouble of tinkering with my kodi setup. I've plugged the optical into my Tivo Roamio and will just PyTivo any 5.1 movies and watch them from Tivo if I really want the 5.1 experience.

My wife hates it when I fire up 5.1 and turn up the volume so it's not a well like experience.