Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New to Kodi, several questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just installed a new Mediacenter PC based on Windows 10 x64. Besides Kodi with DVBViewer I also have installed the Windows Mediacenter since I use that on my older Mediacenter PC. Mediacenter on Win 10 basically works (there is a packet by the MCE community to add it) but it does not detect the TV card, so I need other solution. The target might be to totally transfer to Kodi, if possible. So I have some questions / problems about Kodi.

1. Video / TV Recording / Photos / MP3 librarys on another Windows PC (basically it runs as a server under Win 7)

I try to include these shares on the other PC but Kodi can't find them when using the SMB option. Even not the computer is displayed, the window just stays empty. In Windows explorer the other computer is visible in the network neigborhood (same workgroup, added to the homegroup, same user/password) and I can access on these shares, play Video, MP3, ... through mediaplayer or Mediacenter. What's wrong here with Kodi? (ps: I don't want to map the shares to local drive letters on my new mediacenter PC, I want to use unc-pathes (\\servername\share) inside Kodi)

2. Is Kodi able to index and play Mediacenter recorded videos in WTV format? WTV also contains some metadatas as exact title, recording time and contend description, is that supported?

3. Can Kodi record TV programme according to series names and keywords? Examples:
- record all "star treck" series but only those parts which have not been recorded yet, record them on any TV channel where you find it
- record all films which contain "Ireland" in the description, but only the new ones, HDTV prefered
This is what Windows Media Center can do and what I love so much.
#1 seems to have been a bug in Kodi 16.0. I have updated to 16.1 and I can access to my server.

#2 partially ok, it can play WTV files, but it does not support the metadata

#3 still need to test