Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music - itunes playlist integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is very great to see an increasing size in the music community around all the great work daveblake and others have been doing.

I am still struggling what is the best way to integrate my itunes playlists into Kodi. I believe there may be three ways to do so and like to pick your brains:

1) I can export the playlists from itunes and import them into Kodi as M3U files. Requires some work with paths and not sure it can work with mysql. Has someone see a guide or description?

2) I can run another DLNA media server such as twonky that supports itunes playlists (and then access them using Kodi as UPNP client. This works well, but I don't think I can include them into the music library? Also not in mysql? And also not having yet other UPNP clients access from Kodi as UPNP server (only directly from twonky, which means one client needs to reach to Kodi for my music library and Twonky for playlists). Any ideas whether this can be done more nicely.

3) Maybe wait until someone codes itunes playlist integration, but assume less likely as I have not seen too much demand / interest?

Cheers!
I don't think there's an easy way, at least not with dynamic lists. Exporting static playlists might work. I just point Kodi at my iTunes music folder and import the music. I then took about 30 minutes and recreated all my dynamic playlists by hand in Kodi and haven't touched them since. The end effect is that iTunes and Kodi show me the same list of music for each playlist.
Thanks for your message. How did you recreate them in only 30min. I have quite a few playlists. If I do this manual for a playlist with 100 songs through the Kodi GUI, I would assume this would take hours?

@DaveBlake @zag - can you please also help move this to the new music forum.
Great tool to import itunes playlists just released. Take a look at below. I do have a few questions though about playlist folder location in mysql setup. Maybe one of you can help?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262235&page=2